1. New pitbull shih tzu mix puppy has fear aggression issues

Hi everyone! My family just got a 4 month old pitbull shih tzu mix puppy almost a week ago. She's having some fear aggression issues. She has never been socialized and is afraid of anything strange whether it be human or animal. When approached she puts her tail between her legs, growls, snaps, and then jumps back. I really want to help her get over this issue she has. It's extremely sad to see this sweet little girl so scared. If anyone knows anything about this mixed breed or can give me some advice in what I can do would be greatly appreciated!

Images

New pitbull shih tzu mix puppy has fear aggression issues

Bringing a New Dog Home!

And find a good trainer.

3. I have to say i have never heard of that mix. Its unique. Do you have a picture of her?

4. I have to ask why would someone breed these two, I can see accidenty however if it was intentional was it maybe for a smaller pitty with longet hair? Or just longer hair.

5. According to the person I got her from her father is a shih tzu and her mother is pure pit. I'm really not sure why or how those breeds were bred. We honestly don't know much about the puppy at all. She's a very interesting looking dog and is very sweet towards my children and myself. I don't have a picture right now but I can post one later. I really just want to help her. I want her to be happy. We are currently looking for a reputable trainer for her.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shellyd32 View Post
    According to the person I got her from her father is a shih tzu and her mother is pure pit. I'm really not sure why or how those breeds were bred. We honestly don't know much about the puppy at all. She's a very interesting looking dog and is very sweet towards my children and myself. I don't have a picture right now but I can post one later. I really just want to help her. I want her to be happy. We are currently looking for a reputable trainer for her.
    Well it sounds like they did not take proper steps to prevent the mishap. Eaither way im sure she will do great once she is trained and all that good stuff.