Thread: Eating crayons

Images

Eating crayons

Our son keeps leaving crayons in various "hiding" places. No matter how many times I search the house for them, Loki always seems to find them first. He eats them instantly leaving me no time to get them away from him. I am an art major and don't want to keep our kids from making great masterpieces but I'm worried about Loki. Will crayons hurt him or will they just p$#@! with other undigestable things?

I had a dog that ate a whole box of crayons and they passed without issue. Of course, she had very colorful poo!

I can see how they could cause an obstruction though, and you want to create a household that is not only safe for Loki, but also allows the kids to do their art!

I would suggest supervising the kids when they are doing art, and/or creating one specific place where they can use their crayons.

I don't know how young your son is, but you should probably explain to him that crayons can hurt Loki. Make a game out of him picking up all his crayons, every single time. A good way to do this (teaches counting, too) is to count out all his crayons that he will use during that session, and have him count them all when he puts them away. That way, you will know if you are missing any.

You might also want to crate Loki whenever you cannot have him in your direct sight, it's crayons now but can be something much worse later.

Too much of anything is never a good thing. ;)

Although the crayons should p$#@! right threw with no problems, there is always a risk. I just suggest being extra vigilant and maybe even only letting your son use the crayons when you are right there with him. Keep them up in one of those containers with a snapping lid so he cannot get to them without your help. It will be a pain, I know, but it's best for right now.

As for crayons in dog poo, you should see in magnified! :D Nothin' like blue, green, and yellow specs floating in a fecal sample (I didn't notice it until I put in under the microscope......I nearly fell of my stool!)

I just keep laughing.....
    :D

Images
    Thanks guys, i feel a little better now. I do only let him use the crayons when I'm in the room with him but I've never seen a sneakier kid than him (he's my fiance's son and he must have got the bad sneaky gene from his momma!!!). I think what he's doing is tricking me by asking for something to drink and hiding them in his pockets while I'm looking in the refrigerator. We put them all up (so I think) and they later magically appear either on the walls or in Loki's poop! And I bet those crayons are amazing under a microscope! They're awfully pretty (and suprising) to the naked eye! Guess I'll have to start giving him one crayon at a time or something.

Machos poop has been yellow blue red orange.....you name it its been that color.

I keep taking them away Aiden keeps finding them and "sharing"

Guess I'll have to start giving him one crayon at a time or something.
    That was exactly my next suggestion. ;)

Images
    Johnnie's only three but in the last year and a half that we've owned this house he must've stashed what seems like thousands! I didn't even know we had so many crayons. I'm starting to hate them almost as much as play dough!!!!! Why does my fiance's ex's families send such destructive things home with the boys! Their mom very rarely picks them up so maybe she's killing two birds with one stone when she does (fun for them, bad for me). I think I'm gonna send them to their mom's armed with a huge pack of permanent paint markers next time! :D

Apollo eats my colored pencils, and always my favorite colors, brat.