1. How can I housebreak my 11 month old pit bull?

I have an 11 month old pitbull type dog named Stella. She is our baby and we love her to pieces but for the life of me I cannot get her house broken. We have had her since she was 2 months old and since then it has been such a headache. I feel as if I have tried everything and I want to give up. She seems to know it's better to go outside but she also goes inside a lot. It's becoming a real big problem. I have tried putting her on a schedule and I take her out so many times throughout the day but it doesn't stop her from just going off and peeing.

All medical problems have been ruled out and she never lets us know if she needs out. Our pottytraining method was to praise her for going outside and if we caught her going inside to tell her "No!" and to take her out immediately, but she doesn't seem to get it. I've tried with treats and she has a crate but at this point I have no idea how to start over and really get this problem solved.

We refuse to give up on our girl and will keep her regardless but this is a real hastle and there's just no excuse. I'm sure we're the real problem here, but I have no idea how else to potty train her. Does anyone have any different methods of potty training or any tips for us?

Thanks!

2. Check the sticky section in training and behavior. Threads there on house training.

Similar Threads

1. My 11 month old rescue pet bull.
    By JDMT37 in forum Training & Behavior
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:13 PM
  2. Its FREEZING outside and we're trying to housebreak our 7 week old pup
    By Winston in forum Pit Bull Puppy Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 08:27 PM
  3. 5 month old pit bull
    By warren4066 in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
  4. 7 month old pit bull
    By rebecca scott in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
  5. My pit bull boy up for Dog of the Month
    By Kevin in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

why is my pitbull so small site:www.pitbull-chat.com

how to housebreak 5 month pitbull

housebreaking a 10 month old pit

how do you housebreak a pitbull puppy

housebreaking pit bulls

house breaking a pitbull

how to housebreak a 7 month male pitbull

how do i train my 11 month pitbull!how to house break a pit bull malehousebreaking 2 year old pitbullHousebreaking sticky in Training and Behaviorhow to house train a 5 month pitbullhow to train 11 month old pitbullhow do i house break my 7 month old pit bulltips to house train an 11month old puppy pitbullTIPS FOR HOUSEBREAKING 11MO OLDhousebreaking a pitbulltips on housebreaking 2 month old pitcan you housebreak an older pitbullhousebreaking an training a pitbull terrierhousebreaking a nine month old pithousebreaking a 7 month old pitbullhousebreaking a pitbull puppy11 month old pitbullchathow to housebreak my pitbull puppyhousebreaking my pitbullhousebreaking a seven month old pitbullcan you potty train 10mo old pitbullPotty train pitbull 11months