Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Canuck View Post
    I could do very nasty things to anyone who would fight a dog, and not lose a minute's sleep. A dog fighter is on par with a child abuser in my books.
    give me a $#@!ing break. a man who matched dogs vs a sick twisted pedophile...not even close. I don't match my dogs and have no interest in doing so, but I do know a couple old timers and I can $#@!ure you, they are not evil people. they simply grew up in different times when society accepted the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee D View Post
    give me a $#@!ing break. a man who matched dogs vs a sick twisted pedophile...not even close. I don't match my dogs and have no interest in doing so, but I do know a couple old timers and I can $#@!ure you, they are not evil people. they simply grew up in different times when society accepted the sport.
    x 10! Dog fighting is now illegal, but comparing that to a child abuser/molester!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by digs View Post
    I've jumped out of plenty of planes and its not even comparable.For a fighter the rush of fighting is the best feeling imaginable,especially when you suffer and sustain injuries and setbacks but fight through to get the win.we're not all fighters,so won't all get the same feeling.

nah, i know plenty of fighters. it's their job. lol. but they do enjoy smashing people who talk crap before the fight from time to time. and the injuries and setbacks only make them depressed and sometimes abuse substance.

i'd say the comparison to a dog's "feelings" about it is a bit off. except for maybe the pay. pretty similar imo. lol

4. I've fought professionally myself and know a lot of pro fighters,trust me the vast majority do it for the love of fighting,money is usually just a welcome extra.

The vast majority including myself can't pay the bills through fighting alone,despite the fact they live and breathe their chosen sport,I've spent hundreds of hours training not to mention gym fees/supplements to get paid 150 for a fight,it's more a life style than career (for most).

and that doesn't include all the amateurs and pro-am fighters who are often Just as dedicated but don't get paid.

what shows have you fought in?

also curious where you train fren. i $#@!ume you're not in the states as you specified you're not paid in $. i tell you, i've been around the "sport" for quite a long time man. lots of the TRUE PROs i know fight anymore for the paycheck and for the recognition that it brings them that they will not get if left to doing something outside of fighting. many fight beyond when they should stop. it's sad.

as for the thrill and excitement, you must be really young still and i hope that you never lose that emotion and best of luck in the ring or cage. (should be done in a ring imo)

7. Quote Originally Posted by fctv808 View Post
    also curious where you train fren. i $#@!ume you're not in the states as you specified you're not paid in $. i tell you, i've been around the "sport" for quite a long time man. lots of the TRUE PROs i know fight anymore for the paycheck and for the recognition that it brings them that they will not get if left to doing something outside of fighting. many fight beyond when they should stop. it's sad.as for the thrill and excitement, you must be really young still and i hope that you never lose that emotion and best of luck in the ring or cage. (should be done in a ring imo)
    I fight unlicensed boxing and Muay Thai,never had any big fights.I'll be getting my black belt in jujitsu soon,so will probably try my hand at mma also at some point.I train at bad co. most of the time,but mix it up a lot.

8. If we take Muay Thai as an example,I'm friends with a lad who's the European middleweight champion.He trains six days a week and works 6 nights a week driving,he's dedicated his whole life to it knowing he'd never be well paid.

9. you English digs ?

Quote Originally Posted by digs View Post
    I fight unlicensed boxing and Muay Thai,never had any big fights.I'll be getting my black belt in jujitsu soon,so will probably try my hand at mma also at some point.I train at bad co. most of the time,but mix it up a lot.
    wow a black belt in "jujitsu" is that the japanese kind?

11. Quote Originally Posted by fctv808 View Post
    wow a black belt in "jujitsu" is that the japanese kind?
    Yeah traditional Japanese (goshin ryu jujitsu Kai),not near the achievement that a bjj black belt is imo because there's no competitions.

also I don't think it will translate so well into ring fighting,because a lot of it is with weapons,katas and illegal techniques.

But along with Thai and boxing should stand me in good stead (especially if I keep it all quiet at first lol)

My husband partakes in MMA. I love watching. My back won't allow me to train but I'd love to if I were still able.

wow i wonder how many fighter related owners there are on here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12