Thread: Pup peroni?

1. Pup peroni?

My girl just bought a bag, do you think it's a safe treat?

Images
    I would limit how much you give. I only use them for training treats and accommodate feedings with the treats. They pack on weight when given all the time. Otherwise they are an okay treat. I prefer the grain free treats. But can't always afford them.

Images

Pup peroni?

I only feed homemade treats. Who is the manufacturer of those?

4. Yea I was thinking about only using them very sparingly. I wouldn't use it at all, but I don't believe in throwing it away either lol. But del Monte.

Images
    Believe it or not Pup Peroni is actually better then most dog treats. It does have real beef in it. I use them as training treats because they have a strong odor. Keeps the dogs attention LOL.

@Un- I looked at my bag and actually didn't see a manu on it.

6. Like love pup said they aren't the healthiest, so use them sparingly....

For training I like Zukes Mini Naturals they are super small, don't have a lot of calories, and the dogs love them! They last me a long time.

And even though they are super small i still sometimes break them in half when training, the dogs are grateful either way

Images

Pup peroni?

Quote Originally Posted by LovePup View Post

@Un- I looked at my bag and actually didn't see a manu on it.
    So they're manufactured in Utah by Del Monte foods. They were lumped in with the 2007 recalls even though they're manufactured in the US. They have "beef" by product which could be any part of the cow, not necessarily anything you'd really WANT to feed. They're chock full of crap ingredients. I personally wouldn't give them at all. If you're insistent on giving them instead of returning them, do as LovePup said and give sparingly because they're pretty unhealthy.

8. Pup peroni?

Too many bad ingredients in my opinion... I personally wouldn't use them.

Beef, Meat by-products, Soy Grits, Sugar, Liver, Salt, Propylene Glycol, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Natural Smoke Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (used as a preservative), Sodium Nitrite (for color retention), Red 40, BHA (used as a preservative), Onion Extract

Images

Re: Pup peroni?

Well i use them .... But like a rare treat or a training treat and change how much that dog is fed because of the treats. Its like you eating a bag of chips. Its isnt healthy to eat them but okay every once in a while.

I was going to add something else but i forgot .....

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

They are not the best thing in the world, but if it's an occasional treat, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't believe in giving a lot of treats anyway. A small treat, once in a while, but not to excess. When we were housebreaking Sadie, she really responded to treats and I bought a bag of very tiny treats and just gave one when she did her business outdoors. She was as happy to get a tiny bite as a huge biscuit. She is terrible at finding "things" outside and I will look up to see her chewing, god only knows what. I figure if that hasn't caused her any harm an ocasional pup peroni isn't gonna kill her.

My Beagle mix (RIP) got REALLY sick on them a few years back, before they were ever recalled. You could feed that dog anything and she would be fine, but those treats gave her diarrhea and she was throwing up a lot. Maybe they've changed, but I wouldn't trust them.

I'd throw them right into the trash. Or donate to a shelter.

Much healthier, actual beef treats:
    Hard to get more pure beef than a bully stick lol - http://www.bestbullysticks.com/
    We always have the duck version of this around - http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/...ecipe_dog.html
    These are awesome, though I've only gotten them in the Bravo trail mix - http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/...ng_treats.html
    Pure bites is great too - http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/...og_treats.html

this is one of the only treats that my boy can tolerate (it smells very fishy just a warning) just to tell you how much my boy loves these treats...I can get him to heel and walk past a dog barking inside a business that is behind a big gl$#@! window full visable and barking less then 10 feet away :D
    Pet Botanics® Healthy Omega Salmon Flavor Treats for Dogs - Dog - Sale - PetSmart

Quote Originally Posted by ignitethis View Post
    My Beagle mix (RIP) got REALLY sick on them a few years back, before they were ever recalled. You could feed that dog anything and she would be fine, but those treats gave her diarrhea and she was throwing up a lot. Maybe they've changed, but I wouldn't trust them.
    We got a bag for Max, gave him one for a treat, no more than 10 min. later he had very stinky gas for a long period of time. This could be due to the fact that we keep him on his dry kibble for the most part, and only give antler or hooves (made in USA) for chewing treats.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

pup peroni recall 2013

pup peroni recall

pupperoni recall 2013

pup peroni recall 2012

pupperoni recallwhere is pupperoni manufacturedpup a roni recallwhere is pupperoni madeis pupperoni safe for dogswhere are pup peroni treats madepup peroni reviewwhere are pup peroni dog treats madepupperoni recall 2012pup-peroni recall 2013pup peroni dog treats recallpup peroni reviewshas pup peroni been recalledpupperoni bad for dogspuperoni recallare pup peroni treats safehas dog treat pup peroni been recalledpup peroni made inwhere is pup peroni manufacturedrecall on pup peroniwhere are pup-peroni dog treats maderecall pup peronihave pup peroni treats been recalleddel monte factory location pupperoni dog treatsare pupperoni safe for dogswhere is puperoni madeare pupperoni dog treats made in usawhere is pupperoni dog treat madeLot number of recalled pupperoni treatsis pupperoni safe for dogs 2013pupperoni dog treats recall 2013