1. Just dropped my puppy help!

She kept trying to bite my feet, calfs, hands, & shorts so I grabbed a hold of her & she started squirming like crazy & fell outta my arms onto her side onto a carpeted floor. I'm about 5'6-7ish.. She just seemed really sad afterwards drank some water & went to sleep. I tried rubbing against her side to see if shed whimper but I know pits have a high pain tolerance.. Thoughts??

Just dropped my puppy help!

I would get her to a vet and have her checked out.

I second JJeanae. Vet, just to be safe.

That being said, I wouldn't worry TOO much. Can't tell you how many times my pup dove off the couch into the corner of the coffee table without even noticing...

4. Yea I just called the vet & they told me just to keep an eye on her to see if she's reacting like she's injured & to feel to see if anything feels weird. I took her out on a walk & she seems to be fine. But I'm mostly thinking about since people say pits have a higher pain tolerance. She fell on her side tho, they said I mighta just knocked the wind out of her.

Images
    I'm pretty sure you would know if she was in pain. My pups run into gl$#@! doors, tables, walls etc and they were always fine. My 10 lb poodle mixes were the craziest when they were pups but never actually hurt themselves. They would wiggle out of our arms and fall a bunch when they were pups as well. I wouldn't worry too much.

Puppies are quite resilient.If your vet said keep an eye, I would. I've owned and fostered many pups and their routine seems to be to roll off of the couch, bed etc.. and they hit tile floor and are still just fine. If you dropped your pup a bit hard from your standing height onto a hard surface, and it seems in pain, go IN to the vet if you can and have it checked out.

Images
    How old is she? What does she weigh?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drebropurp View Post
    Yea I just called the vet & they told me just to keep an eye on her to see if she's reacting like she's injured & to feel to see if anything feels weird. I took her out on a walk & she seems to be fine. But I'm mostly thinking about since people say pits have a higher pain tolerance. She fell on her side tho, they said I mighta just knocked the wind out of her.
    I was working with my dog a few months back and he jumped up head height to me and didn't put his feet down for what ever reason he landed on his side. I rushed him to the vet they took a look at him he was okay just knocked the wind out of himself. He its not a puppy though.
    I would do like your vet says keep a close eye on her. If you notice any changes not eating or drinking or playing I would bring her in right away.

9. She's acting completely normal, hasn't changed at all. Still running around, trying to teeth everything in site. But I'll ask the vet to check her out anyways during my next appointment. But she's 3 months & something days & weighs about 16 lbs.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Drebropurp View Post
    She's acting completely normal, hasn't changed at all. Still running around, trying to teeth everything in site. But I'll ask the vet to check her out anyways during my next appointment. But she's 3 months & something days & weighs about 16 lbs.
    The reason I asked is because if you had an 8 week old pup, I would have taken her the vet ASAP.

i wouldnt worry too much about it, puppies are much more resiliant then adult dogs, there bones are softer and more capible of taking blows, could you imagine if puppy bones where like adult bones? they would be injured all the time just from playing with mom or siblings, thats why "green breaks" are most common breaks in puppies

if it makes you feel any better, when my Chimera was 12 weeks old, she fell down the back of the basement stairs and hit cement floor, the top 2 steps of the basement are open backed and she wriggled under before i could grab her and fell straight down and hit cement about a 6-7 foot drop.
    i ran down and scooped her up real fast, she was up and walking around but slowly then curled up in my lap to sleep, i called the ER vet who told me to bring her right in, i did and she was perfectly fine, no bruises, no breaks, no puncters, no internal bleeding. i was so afraid when it happend i was certian she was going to need to be in a full body cast!!
    gave her 3 days crate rest and 2 weeks of NO roughhouseing and takingi t easy to be sure but she was fine. shes now 4 months old and still alive!
    Last edited by xchairity_casex; 10-21-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Images

Pit bulls don't have any higher pain tolerance then any other dog.
    If they are built and muscular it's a different story (same with dog that is built not just pit bulls) but this is a little puppy so don't go thinking she has high pain tolerance.

As a puppy their bones breaks easy, if she isn't screaming or noticeably hurt I wouldn't worry about it.

Images
    I'm the first person to tell someone to get to the vet if I feel it's warranted, but if the puppy is acting normal and not at all like it's injured, then it is probably just fine. Also, this breed feels pain just like any other....my girl is a wimp!

14. APBT's were bred to have a higher pain threshold than other breeds. It doesn't mean they'll all have it, but I've found it to be true in general.
    Also, I thought puppy bones were less likely to break, as they;re more flexible and springy.

Images
    Your vet is aware of what happened and recommended keeping an eye on her... I would do that and if anything about her behavior changes, then get her in to see them. Pups are pretty resilient though and most act like nothing is wrong even when we think they are hurt.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie H View Post
    APBT's were bred to have a higher pain threshold than other breeds. It doesn't mean they'll all have it, but I've found it to be true in general.
    Also, I thought puppy bones were less likely to break, as they;re more flexible and springy.
    Do you have any links to back up that statement of the higher pain tolerance?

YES puppy bones DONOT break as easily because they are softer and more flexible, imagine it this way, trying to break a dead stick is alot easier then trying to break a live, green one why? because its softer, it bends upon impact wheres are harder one does not bend as easily so its easier to break. not saying it CANNOT break its just a little harder to do so.

18. I would,nt worry too much, your pup will be fine. Just keep a close eye on her

19. Quote Originally Posted by Ali132 View Post
    Do you have any links to back up that statement of the higher pain tolerance?
    It was a useful trait in dog fighting, but links, I'm not sure. I'm not impressed by the links I see when I search. It's common knowledge. I also would back it w/over 20 years experience w/bull breeds. My experience w/injuries and illness has caused me to know that if my APBT is showing symptoms, it's probably significantly ill or injured, and my vets confirm this. One of the reason hip dysplasia is such an issue in this breed is that the dogs tend to be asymptomatic, sometimes well into old age (yes, I know musculature also plays a role).

Puppies will actually limp much more readily than older dogs, they appear much less bothered by getting around on three legs when compared to an older dog.