Pedigree/bloodline

Ok let me start at the begining. At the moment my pup is 2 months old. her mom is of the hank bloodline and dad is a redboy. now please understand i am not to bright about bloodlines and pedigree. anyway but so i have been told by the owners of the mom and dad. i saw both and they both look like APBT.

Now when i go to the vet i get so many names of bloodlines or just even when we go for a walk. 'she's cute is she this , oh she's definetly that.

my question is just by looking at her would you be able to tell me what bloodline she resembles?

I have her as a pet, not for shows breeding just my pet. i love her regardless of the respone i am going to get. i guess its more for her as it may be a identity thing. when people ask then i can tell them for sure.

Another thing does papers really matter, should i feel bad that she has no papers?

Anyway i am going to try to get a pic of her posted if that will help or will it be pointless.

Do i still have a place on this forum regardless?

Awaiting your response please.

Of coarse there is a place for you on this forum. There is nothing wrong with owning a non-papered dog, heck most people do not have papers for thier dogs however there is something definitly wrong with the breeding of non-papered dogs.

Sure you will meet some folks who are very into knowing how thier dogs were bred ( myself included ) and proud of thier dogs heitage and family tree. We may be a little too into the dogs but some do not mind sharing with others who also fancy the breed regardless of what it is that they are feeding.

So lets post up these pictures.

People are talking out their $#@!es. There is no way to tell what bloodline a dog is by looking at it. People throw around lines and terms like they ACTUALLY have a clue, when...in..fact...they wouldn't know a bloodline if it peed on them :D
    Why would you feel bad that she has no papers? Many of us have rescue dogs and they are all paper-free. It's not really about the papers for most people. It's about the dogs.
    Hang out, relax, and enjoy the forum!

Excellent questions! :)

A bloodline is defined as a line of descent; record of ancestry; pedigree. While you have seen her sire, dam, unless they have a record of pedigree, you can not be $#@!ured of what bloodline they are or your pup is. Anyone can tell you anything about her bloodline, but without a written record, it is only a wild guess.

The only reason you would need "papers" is if you planned on showing her in a registry's sanctioned event, like a dog show or sports event.

My Pit Bull (see avatar) has an unknown ancestory and does not have papers. I could not care less. He is still a wonderful and devoted pet, and that is all I care about. :cool:

Thanks

you guys are great man. i think i would be able to load some pics on monday. now arguments sake when you see the pic and it looks like a red boy pit or something else. would it be fine to say that she is a APBT REDBOY or should i not. now because her bloodline or ancestory cant be confirmed what do i tell people if they ask. like some of you guys said these name's of blood lines are so loooooosly used it makes your head spin.

Like you guys said its all about the dog not papers. and my baby is the bomb:D:D:D:D

Eish you have know idea how keawl i think this forum is. and here i thought im going to be laughed at ridiculed and told to get the stepping.

Thank you so much for responding to my questions. ok i think i going to start crying now.lol i am at work and i miss my wife and sasha.

anyway thanx guys

another question

arguments sake, you have a APBT of Carver bloodline pure. no lets say i have a APBT that looks exactly the same but with no papers no knowledge of ancestery or whatever. now when someone ask met down the road hi thats a cute pup is she a carver. do i say yes or because i dont knwo the past history do i just say yes she's a APBT.

Now what i dont understand is within the Apbt breed there's all these bloodlines now dont each specifice bloodline look the same. like you cab distinguish between a Bolio and a Carver and a Spike?

Now i would think that if my dog looks like a certain bloodline it properly has that running through its veins.

My questions may sound dumb. but for a newbie like me i would realy just like to know. because at the moment i have a 2 month old pitbull she looks like a pitbull and thats my own opion which sure as hell does not carry weight. as i am confused with the whole bloodline thing.

Basically in a nutshell is she just a APBT and as she has no papers or knowledge of ancestroy or history,may i use the name of a certain bloodline because she looks like it?

Hope this all makes sense to anyone.:eek::eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_sasha View Post
    you guys are great man. i think i would be able to load some pics on monday. now arguments sake when you see the pic and it looks like a red boy pit or something else. would it be fine to say that she is a APBT REDBOY or should i not. now because her bloodline or ancestory cant be confirmed what do i tell people if they ask. like some of you guys said these name's of blood lines are so loooooosly used it makes your head spin.

Like you guys said its all about the dog not papers. and my baby is the bomb:D:D:D:D

Eish you have know idea how keawl i think this forum is. and here i thought im going to be laughed at ridiculed and told to get the stepping.

Thank you so much for responding to my questions. ok i think i going to start crying now.lol i am at work and i miss my wife and sasha.

anyway thanx guys
    lol ...

I would not call her anything that you do not know for a proven fact that she is. If asked, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being honest.

When I am asked about my Rowdy, I just say that I have no idea what bloodline he is and it really isn't important to me. Still, some people will insist on guessing. I just politely nod and say, well, that is possible, but I have no idea. No matter what you tell them though, some will try and label your dog. It means nothing of course.

8. Do i still have a place on this forum regardless?
    We don't discriminate on this forum. I don't even own a pit bull. I own a chihuahua:D

Honest

Joe bingo you know you are so right. i am asking all these questions but i sitting here asking myself does it realy matter. its not like if someone says she defnitly a jack russel that i going to give her away.

if im asked i going to say i dont know. like you said keep them guessing. i might as well have some fun with it.:eek:

Her identity is her being my best friend. where she comes from i dont care. at first i did, but i have seen the light.

have i said before that this forum is kewl? well it is

Truth and honesty will set you free.

You can just say what you told us....you've been told that she is of the RedBoy line of dogs....but without papers you do not know for sure.

There is nothing more that can be said, you would have told the truth and will more than likely get more respect for doing so.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Lil_sasha View Post
    Joe bingo you know you are so right. i am asking all these questions but i sitting here asking myself does it realy matter. its not like if someone says she defnitly a jack russel that i going to give her away.

if im asked i going to say i dont know. like you said keep them guessing. i might as well have some fun with it.:eek:

Her identity is her being my best friend. where she comes from i dont care. at first i did, but i have seen the light.

have i said before that this forum is kewl? well it is
    @ bold ~ I like that ... I like that a lot :) :cool: ... it is okay to wonder and question and research too though. I know I do, but at the end of the day, I realize that I will never know Rowdy's bloodline and it really does not matter. It is the friendship and bond that is important.

Honesty

thats settled then.

13. Quote Originally Posted by ColbyDogs View Post
    Truth and honesty will set you free.

You can just say what you told us....you've been told that she is of the RedBoy line of dogs....but without papers you do not know for sure.

There is nothing more that can be said, you would have told the truth and will more than likely get more respect for doing so.
    Yep:)

Images
    first off, welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn about these dogs.

Now, you say you're dog has no papers, yet you know the bloodline of the sire and dam, were they papered and did you see their pedigrees? If so, why didn't you get papers with your pup? If not, I would question the validity or accuracy of the person you got the pup from. It's easy to throw out bloodlines and easy to hang papers, so unless you got the pup from a "reputable breeder" with legitimate papers there's no way to know if the pup is in fact a pure APBT let alone a specific bloodline.

As far as "looking" like a specific bloodline, while some lines have characteristic visual traits, the lines you mention are breed more for performance traits. Today people throw around bloodline names with no real knowledge of those bloodlines, as more of a status or sales pitch.

I have never been asked about my dogs bloodline when I have them out, to be honest, except for Dexter, everyone asked if he was a "rednose". I just say they're bulldogs or APBT's and leave it at that. ;)

Hey

i was told that her parents are from that bloodline. but its ok. whether he lied or they have papers are not doesnt matter to me anymore. i am definetly going to post some pics so that you guys can have a look. i await your comments.

Images
    Hello and welcome to the forum!