Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have feed Diesel Taste Of The Wild all stages for a while, since he was 7 months or so, and he tolerates it well.

2. Been giving my pup natures variety instinct and so far she is looking good. Lean muscle and lots on energy.

3. Thanks guys, I will try theae brands to see if he likes them.. So far the only one he will eat is Puppy Chow, thats what his breeders were feeding him. But I haven't tried any of these yet.. Can I get them at a Petsmart? Or at my local grocer?

Most of the good premium foods you're not going to find at Petsmart. You definitely won't find them at your grocery store. Check out feed stores or dedicated pet food stores in your area. If you let us know where you're located I'm sure someone can give you suggestions.

In my area (Pacific NW/Seattle) I always suggest Mud Bay or All The Best pet foods. I know on the other side of the country many people recommend Tractor Supply.

Images
    The grocery stores around me sell high quality dog food such as taste of the wild as well as others. I know this is not common though. So check family pet stores, feed stores (for people with horses and farms) or even better check the brands website for stores in your area.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie View Post
    The grocery stores around me sell high quality dog food such as taste of the wild as well as others. I know this is not common though. So check family pet stores, feed stores (for people with horses and farms) or even better check the brands website for stores in your area.
    foooooreal? what stores and where are you from

Images
    Humboldt county... Big difference from ssouthern california huh?
    Pretty much all the local supermarkets, such as the co-op and wild berries and others. I guess hippies like to feed there dog high quality food lol. I would say that the most common food being bought is totw up here. Seems like everyone uses it up here. You can also get the food from a number of feed and tractor supply stores which are plentiful up here.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie View Post
    Humboldt county... Big difference from ssouthern california huh?
    Pretty much all the local supermarkets, such as the co-op and wild berries and others. I guess hippies like to feed there dog high quality food lol. I would say that the most common food being bought is totw up here. Seems like everyone uses it up here. You can also get the food from a number of feed and tractor supply stores which are plentiful up here.
    im not sure about the differnce between humboldt county and socal i just moved here from Sonoma County

Images
    I have never heard of Bully Max!! We feed Earthborn here. Price wise it is comparable to TOTW but the protein is higher and we are feeding much less now.

Images
    Well I moved from Southern California to Humboldt a little over a year ago. It's a big change in many ways.... But, people are alot more pit friendly up here. Up here in humboldt there are a lot more locally owned stores rather than, big chains which is probably why almost all the markets carry taste of the wild and others.

11. I am giving Innova, it is one of the best and they never got a recall. I asked my vet about dog food and he said it is a very good brand.

If I had a foster dog (my personal dogs eat raw) that I was for some reason required to feed kibble to, I would rotate the various grain free varities of Earthborn Holistic and Fromm. Possibly also Acana/Orijen as well.

I refuse to feed any animal under my care Diamond products. And for the record I've tried TOTW in the past both for Scout and my cat... both did pretty crappy on it. Just my personal experience/opinion! It does just blow me away how people still recommend/use Diamond products with the company's continuously horrible track record regarding recalls though.

My cat eats Wellness Core. Its about the only pet food she'll eat and luckily its also the one she does best on. She also hunts and obviously gets whole prey food from that in her diet too. She didn't do well on Acana grain free kibble the one time I tried it... she lost muscle and started shedding more. Which was gross because she already sheds a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
    If I had a foster dog (my personal dogs eat raw) that I was for some reason required to feed kibble to, I would rotate the various grain free varities of Earthborn Holistic and Fromm. Possibly also Acana/Orijen as well.

I refuse to feed any animal under my care Diamond products. And for the record I've tried TOTW in the past both for Scout and my cat... both did pretty crappy on it. Just my personal experience/opinion! It does just blow me away how people still recommend/use Diamond products with the company's continuously horrible track record regarding recalls though.

My cat eats Wellness Core. Its about the only pet food she'll eat and luckily its also the one she does best on. She also hunts and obviously gets whole prey food from that in her diet too. She didn't do well on Acana grain free kibble the one time I tried it... she lost muscle and started shedding more. Which was gross because she already sheds a lot.
    Just did my research on TOTW and YEP thats a no go.. Saw 1 report, Blatant disregard for the safety of our pets and constant violations.. Plenty of other options im not going to risk it..

This is the first I've heard of Bully Max :/

We feed Orijen. Love it! Oh and we feed a lot of raw, too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post

All my dogs have been on totw and have always done great. It all comes down to personal preference. Recalls happen all the time with various products. Besides, the diamond recall did not effect everyone. Just certain states...

I've been giving my puppy Blue Buffalo Wilderness. He's been eating it since he was born. I pay about $50 for a 24lb bag. IS TOTW cheaper?

I didn't read all the responses (although I am sure they are good ones).. supplements (outside of things like fish oil, joints etc) won't make your, otherwise slim or average, dog bigger. It's a waste of money and extremely dangerous.

Stick around long enough and members will help. They helped me. I had an overweight bully mix who is so sexxy now!! :p

Images
    if you want a multi-vitamin. i would reccomend nu vet. I have always given my boy nu vet since he was a puppy. they will not make your dog muscular though. it is just a multi vitamin and works the same way people multi vitamins do. it is a dietary supplement.

i am not from the school of thought that quality foods will give you all the vitamins that your dog needs. vitamins in dog food comes from a mix that is not always consistant regardless of what is said on the bag. IMO it doesn't hurt to give a multi vitamin, i myself take a daily multi vitamin. quality foods will help you get a healthier dog but i wouldn't rely on the food alone to give a dog the needed vitamins.

i feed raw and every night i give Peanut his multi vitamin when i take mine.

19. Quote Originally Posted by LeTigra View Post
    I didn't read all the responses (although I am sure they are good ones).. supplements (outside of things like fish oil, joints etc) won't make your, otherwise slim or average, dog bigger. It's a waste of money and extremely dangerous.

Stick around long enough and members will help. They helped me. I had an overweight bully mix who is so sexxy now!! :p
    I'm beginning to notice!

20. I'm from Corpus Christi , TX. I couldn't find any of those at Petsmart, so I went with Blue Buffalo Wilderness. He seems to like it. The $#@!ociate told me it had the most protein.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast