Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pedigree food

1. Pedigree food

One of my friends has a huge APBT and he insist that its pedigree that got her soo big.She's not fat she real thick and solid.He's not the first one to tell me how good of a dog food Pedigree is...

Is Pedigree all its cranked up to be?

Images
    its garbage

Nope, Pedigree is, IMO, a crap food. The main ingredient is corn (this is from the "with lamb and rice" bag. Don't see much lamb or rice, mostly corn and chicken. I imagine the reason your friend's dog is so big is because of her genetics and has nothing to do with the food.

INGREDIENTS of "Pedigree with Lamb and Rice":

GROUND WHOLE CORN, CHICKEN BY-PRODUCT MEAL, GROUND WHEAT, MEAT AND BONE MEAL, ANIMAL FAT (PRESERVED WITH BHA/BHT), WHEAT FLOUR, LAMB, RICE, CORN GLUTEN MEAL, NATURAL FLAVOR, SALT, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, VEGETABLE OIL (SOURCE OF LINOLEIC ACID), CARAMEL COLOR, DRIED BEET PULP, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, VITAMINS (CHOLINE CHLORIDE, dl-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN E], L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN C*], VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], BIOTIN, d-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT), MINERALS (ZINC SULFATE, ZINC PROTEINATE, COPPER SULFATE, COPPER PROTEINATE, MANGANESE PROTEINATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE), ADDED FD&C AND LAKE COLORS (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 5, BLUE 2, RED 40).

4. soo whats a good dog food for puppies ?

Images
    I just actually posted a thread asking everyone that same question lol.. I feed my 4.5 month old puppy Fromm... but recently heard that Orijen is voted #1 food... was looking for thoughts from everyone as well :-)

Images
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ check this link out it will give you a list of some good quality

lol............

8. I just did some research and I think i am going to get the Blue Wilderness Grain Free Puppy Food

There are quite a few good foods out there. I know many people feed Blue Wilderness, Earthborn, Orijen. I personally feed Nature's Domain that I get from Costco. It's made by Diamond and while there are some that won't feed their food anymore after the recall awhile ago I haven't had any issues with it.

The rule I go by is feed the best food you can afford that your dog does well on.

10. Yes I heard about diamond they say its a really good food

11. Diamond has a puppy bag at Costco its a yellow bag that's pretty good for puppies

The Nature's Domain salmon is the one we feed.Our great dane puppy is doing great on it...

Images
    Yes, we did the TOTW pacific stream for a while, made by Diamond and Trigger did very well on it.

Images
    My pup is also on TOTW pacific stream. He loves it, I can really tell he enjoys it. When I first got my pup the idiot I got him from told me to feed him Purina Puppy Chow. I did that for about a week... until I found PBC lol. I think my pup enjoys TOTW MUCH better and looks better on it. IMO I don't think TOTW is expensive at all. I think I buy 15 pounds for $30.

Images
    If you just want a dog to get big then get a puppy with the genetics for it. Pedigree is a crap food. I fed it to our dogs for a month and it did not work for them at all. If you have to fed kibble go with grain free if you can. On a budget, diamond naturals is good. But make sure you get naturals, not just regular diamond.

Images
    If his dog is big then it's not a apbt, your friend is a $#@! and probably owns a American bully.
    Why did you get a apbt if you wanted a big dog?

17. Its definitely an apbt I saw her registration, and I literally watched her go from skinny to big. I love Pit bulls I simply didn't want an American bully.

*Registration && Pedigree
    Last edited by PittBullGuru; 08-02-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Images
    How much does it weigh? Better yet got a pic?
    Apbt's arent big dogs so if she's in the 70-80 zone then she's either super fat or not apbt.

Images
    And depending on who she's registered with it may mean nothing that she's apbt. Some registries will register anything as a apbt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali132 View Post
    Some registries will register anything as a apbt.
    This is true... and unfortunately even the UKC (a reputable registry) registers a lot of paper-hung AmBullies as APBTs as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast