My hometown is Tulsa, OK, but I just made a big move to Marietta, GA
    Images

GA-Atlanta pit bull laws?

Can anyone in the Atlanta area tell me about the dog insurance laws concerning rental property owners? We are soon to relocate to Marietta, GA from Tulsa, OK and here in Tulsa, rental property owners must pay extra insurance costs to allow their tenants to keep "dangerous breeds." Therefore, it's impossible to find a rental house or apartment in a good part of town and we're wondering if we'll run into the same problems in Georgia. Any help?

Hi Mandy, and welcome to the area! =)
    There are no laws concerning ownership of pit bull types in Marietta, as far as I know, but it's up to the discretion of the landlord/management as to whether or not you need insurance. Most do require it. It's also left up to their discretion if they'll allow certain breeds. I have to tell you, in the nicer areas of the city, you'll be VERY hard pressed to find an apartment that will take dogs over 25 pounds, and those that do, are not fans of power breeds. You may have better luck finding a house for rent that will allow you to have them.
    If I remember correctly, Greenhouse Apartments DO allow "pit bulls"...at least they did a couple years ago. Look into the complex in Kennesaw. It's a hop, skip, and a jump from Marietta.

Images
    Thanks for the information! We're not bothering to look for an apartment because we know it will be too hard, so hopefully we can find a nice house near Marietta Square where we can keep our "dangerous" pit bull.

Yeeeesh! I don't think I'd live on the square if I were you. Have you been out to visit the area yet? There are MUCH nicer, less crime ridden, cleaner, and safer areas to live in Marietta.

Images
    I actually lived around Marietta Square for 6 years- I'm from Georgia originally. I haven't been in that area in years- has it gotten that bad? I'm returning to finish college (5 years later!) and want to stay close to Kennesaw State without actually living in Kennesaw.

Ahhh. I see. I lived right around the corner from KSU when I first moved here, and liked it a lot. We ended up moving to Norcross, and it's been downhill ever since.
    I haven't been to the square in 3 years or so, but I remember it being kind of slummy, especially the further south you go.
    When are you going to be moving back?

Images
    My boyfriend and I will be moving at the end of October (hopefully gas prices will have come down a bit!).
    My grandmother has lived in Doraville since 1949. The area has changed so much, especially in the last 10 years!