Question how much should i feed my boy daily?

hi guys recently ive been putting my dogs out 2 times a day instead of leaving it out and now im wondering if im putting too much or too little in. he is a year and 6 months old and i feed him eukanuba adult maintenance, the bag calls for 2 - 2 1/4 cups for a 40 pound dog and 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 cups for a 50 pound dog. i know these bags state more than the dog actually needs in a way to get the consumer to go through the bag faster so im wondering what would be the right amount for a 60 pound dog, keep in mind that i throw a bit of wet food in there too (just until i get rid of it the remaining cans because now im hearing wet food isnt that great for these dogs/dogs in general) hes around 60-65 which is a little husky for his age and breed, hence why i just started feeding him twice a day instead of leaving it out all day. im finishing off this bag of eukanuba adult maintenance then switching him to straight dry earthborn grain-free.

anyone know what is a healthy amount of dry food (measured in cups) to feed a 60-65 pound pup if the bag is calling for 2 - 2 1/4 cups for a 40 pound dog and 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 cups for a 50 pound dog? and keep in mind that i throw a bit of wet in there too

1) Make sure you change foods gradually. If you're finishing the bag of old food, start mixing in the new food.

2) There is nothing wrong with canned foods. Canned foods contain moisture and are good for dogs that exercise frequently and may not drink enough on their own.

3) What are you currently feeding? What is his body condition score?
    More information on the BCS:

What you want is 4.5/9 on the BCS. Feed the amount that gets you there. Weight is not the factor in proper nutrition, it is simply a quantitative indicator of obesity, ideal weight, or emaciation.

Images
    Pretty much what LilianaLove posted.

Adjust your feeding amount by the look if your dog and his tuck (or lack of) rather than age vs weight because in the end, weight doesn't matter.

If you post a pic (side view and birds-eye view), we can help you out a bit more. :)

right now im feeding Eukanuba (1 years+) Adult Maintenance and id say hes at #5 by just looking at that chart

He really needs to be standing to get an accurate view of weight. There are a couple pictures there where I'd say he looks OK and a couple where he looks like he could lose a few pounds.

Top down (while standing) and from the side are going to be the best pictures, if you can get them!

you want 2 photos, the two that the chart shows, a standing profile and a above shot

let me know what you guys think and if you have suggestions on his portions that'd be more than great

he is not a bad weight, I would just try building some muscle and tone on him, at a year and a half though he will probably not get much, it took one of my boys till 2 and a half to really start "filing out"

Images
    I wouldn't cut his food back, keep it the same and increase his exercise. He could use a little trimming and toning but nothing to be too worried about as he doesn't look seriously overweight or anything.

so if the bag is calling for 2 - 2 1/4 cups for a 40 pound dog and 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 cups for a 50 pound dog (and they usually state more than actually needed), should i feed him what they are stating to feed a 50 pound dog?

i just want to get a set measurement of what to pour into his bowl everyday, because i usually just toss in what looks not too much and not too little

With that range and his current condition, I'd start him at 2.5 cups a day and up his exercise. See how his body condition does after a week or so and add/subtract as needed

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by youngdip631 View Post
    so if the bag is calling for 2 - 2 1/4 cups for a 40 pound dog and 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 cups for a 50 pound dog (and they usually state more than actually needed), should i feed him what they are stating to feed a 50 pound dog?

i just want to get a set measurement of what to pour into his bowl everyday, because i usually just toss in what looks not too much and not too little
    I fed my 60# dog 2 cups per day. I feed my 70# dog 2 cups per day. It really varies per dog. Find out what you're giving and stick to it, if the dog start heavily gaining, lessen the amount. If the dog starts losing a lot, add food.