1. Frontline Plus causing itching/rash?

I swear the first dose caused my dog to get a rash and itch like crazy. That caused the first vet trip.
    Well, yesterday was her 2nd dose of frontline plus and she is itching again like mad.
    Yes, she is being treated for demodex but she wasn't acting this itchy until I did her frontline plus yesterday. I'm doing benadryl twice a day to help her.
    Anyone have any side effects like this from their flea/tick preventative?
    Also, what is another good flea or flea/tick preventative that you like?
    Thanks,
    Autumn

Any topical medication can cause a skin reaction like that. That said, where did you purchase your frontline? If you didn't purchase it at a veterinary clinic, there is a chance that what you thought was frontline, may really just be tubes of alcohol. If you did purchase it at a veterinary clinic, my suggestion for you is to call them and explain to them the situation. You can also contact Merial and ask for a representative, maybe you can get your money back. Merial will only guarantee products purchased from licensed veterinary clinics; if you didn't get it there, you're SOL.

Regardless, it's probably a good idea to go in to the vet anyway and get it looked at.

Merial contact information:
    US.Merial.com : Contact Us
    If you require additional information regarding FRONTLINEŽ please call 1-800-660-1842. The hours of operation for FRONTLINEŽ are Monday through Friday from 8 am-7 pm (ET).

Similar Threads

1. Costco bed causing hives?!?!
    By Eyemajeanius in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 02:58 AM
  2. Don't know what's causing it?
    By Strykerbrig in forum Training & Behavior
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  3. Frontline Plus- Scratching/Itching questions
    By Tru Texan in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 02:50 AM
  4. Medications causing infertility?
    By Hucklebutt in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 02:39 AM
  5. Help?! Non-itching red rash
    By moloko in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 09:26 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

frontline causing itching

frontline causes itching

frontline rash

can frontline plus cause itching

frontline rash dog

does frontline plus cause itching

frontline plus rash

dog still scratching after frontline plus

can frontline cause itching in dogs

can fronline plus cause itchingrash from frontline pluscan frontline cause a rash on dogsrash from frontlinefrontline plus for dogs belly rashdog itching after frontlinecan dogs get bumps side effects from frontline plusfrontline plus cause itchingcakey rash after frontlineis frontline plus ca cause itchesrash from using frontlinewould frontline plus for dogs cause itchingdoes frontline plus cause skin irritationfrontline plus rash dogcan frontline give my dog a rashcan frontline plus canine give rash on bellyfrontline plus itchy skinfrontline cause itchingcan frontline cause a rashpitbull rash after frontlinecan frontline plus cause itching in humanshas frontline plus cause itching on dogsfrontline plus causing itchingbest product to use on my dog for a itchy red rash caused by frontline plusdog rash after using frontlinefrontline plus and rash