bump on my dog's head. (HELP WITH SWELLING)

i took my puppy to the vet yesterday because i saw that she was developing a nice size bump on the top of her head between her ears. the vet said that its possible that she just hit her head and its just some swelling going on. i would like to know what will help with the swelling and is it ok to put ice on it for help.

2. Is it right in the middle of her head between her ears?

If so, this could be a "mid-line dermoid cyst". They are common in some families of Am Stafs and may be in other breeds as well.

If it stays small, I wouldn't worry about it. These can grow quickly and become very large. It's best to get them removed while they are small. They aren't cancer or anything, but a malformation of the skin along the mid-line during embryonic development where hair follicles get trapped in the wrong place and then grow...

Carla

Similar Threads

1. small bump on head? Any ideas?
    By AdMae in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. sheeps head,goats head,plant of a million stickers
    By BlaznJon in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
  3. swelling with bite
    By cantrell-chartier kennels in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 07:55 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

lump on my dogs head

swelling on top of dogs head

lump on top of dogs head

bump on my dogs head

lump on dogs head between ears

my dogs head is swollen

swelling on dogs head

what is the bump on my dogs head

what is the lump on my dogs head

swelling on my dogs head

lump on dogs headmy dog has a bump on her headmy puppy has a bump on her headbump on dogs headbump on top of my dogs headbumps on a dogs headdog swelling top headthe top of my dogs head is swollenswelling in dogs headlump on dog's head between earsmy puppy has a lump on the top of her headmy dog has a lump on her headlarge lump on my dogs headbump on the top of my dogs heada bump on my dogs headpuppy head swellingbump on my puppys headtop of dogs head swollenmy puppy has a lump on her headdog has bump on top of headknot in the middle of my dogs headdogs head is swollenbump on top of dogs headmy puppy has a hard lump on top of headlumps on top of mastiff dogs head