Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mcnamara kennels

As i was surfing the web today i came across this kennel called McNamara's they looked like they had some good APBT's, All their dogs hold a pretty damn good pedigree! And their pups didn't look so bad, I was just wondering what you guys thought about this kennel. If i get some good comments i might look into getting one of these dogs in the future
    !

*Link removed*
    Last edited by Poisoned; 10-25-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Kennel Link

Images
    Well, I'm not an expert so I can't comment on the dogs. However, I would like to say that I pray to God that when our puppy grows up he won't be jumping 6ft fences.

Or, I'll be investing in a new fence

Jumping 6 ft fences is not really that hard for a healthy APBT. So yes, you may want to consider a higher fence

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithCurs View Post
    Jumping 6 ft fences is not really that hard for a healthy APBT. So yes, you may want to consider a higher fence
    Oh man, you just shattered my dreams. Our puppy is 3 months now, any idea when I should start putting up a new fence? Now?

Hell my 7 month old American bully can jump a 6ft fence no problem! We found that out when he seen a cat across the fence!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
    Hell my 7 month old American bully can jump a 6ft fence no problem! We found that out when he seen a cat across the fence!

Yup, both of you guys made my pocket book feel lighter instantly. I REALLY hate myself for putting up a fence BEFORE acquiring a puppy. Well, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to search for a thread about this. Maybe someone has some advice for me. Renovating our home was A LOT more expensive than I thought, so I'm off to find inexpensive solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmiechowski View Post
    Yup, both of you guys made my pocket book feel lighter instantly. I REALLY hate myself for putting up a fence BEFORE acquiring a puppy. Well, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to search for a thread about this. Maybe someone has some advice for me. Renovating our home was A LOT more expensive than I thought, so I'm off to find inexpensive solutions.
    Chain spots are nice n cheap.

As for the kennel, Alex. I dunno em. But I'm always a little wary of a kennel with a bunch of pups on the ground at the same time

I'm no expert by any stretch and I might get yelled at for this, but here goes..

This "breeder" screams know-nothing BYB to me.
    • Their grammar sucks, I know that doesn't mean much but it's the first thing I look at.
    • They call their dogs Pitbulls and Pit Bulls, it's not consistent (something else that annoys me).
    • Their dogs are "bred" for home, family, and property protection.
    • They believe that you can train a dog to not chase a cat and thus the dog will not chase the cat.
    • Irish Rascle and Apricot have awful feet (might just be the picture).
    • They look like they have no awareness of dog/animal aggression based on their pics.
    • I don't see any kind of proof that the dogs deserve to be bred, definitely not even conformation shows.
    • According to them, seal is a rare color? I don't actually know if it is or isn't rare in APBTs but I've seen A LOT mixes of that color.
    • Some of their puppies for sale descriptions note their head size, fantastic.

I guess I might spend too much time here but if I'm paying over $500 (that's just their deposit) on a pup, I want to know WHY their pups are better than others' and what made them think their dogs deserved to be bred. I can find a lot of "nice, courageous" dogs and I don't need to go to a breeder to do it. If I purchase from a breeder, I want the dog to be true to their roots. There's no other reason to buy one, IMO. They were/are bred to work, they should show that on their site, I see nothing.
    Last edited by _unoriginal; 06-07-2012 at 08:08 PM.

I get what your saying, I dont really know about them either!

Images
    Talk about marketing overkill, with nothing to back it up. They don't care who their puppies go to is a big red flag, and all that blah, blah, blah, about how great they are at breeding makes me want to throw up. Pick your puppy and click on the Paypal icon....

11. "This is the purest of purebred Pitbull bloodline that you will ever find" ... while naming about 2 dozen different bloodlines said to be in their dogs. (except Colby, but it is back on some of the linked pedigrees LOL)

I don't know the kennel or the dogs but my first impression was that they look pretty generic and you could find a dog dang similar LOOKING to those dogs in any shelter or rescue on any given day. That said, a couple of the dogs look pretty nice ... the golden eyed ones steal my heart every time though and as they say, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again" ... I quess I'm just trying to say ... apparently they sure are scatterbred.

!By the comments i have got i think im gonna stay away from this kennel when you actually look at it this kennel is $#@!! and joe you do make a good point! thank you guys! what would i do with out you!
    Last edited by alex123; 06-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.

13. Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    I'm no expert by any stretch and I might get yelled at for this, but here goes..

This "breeder" screams know-nothing BYB to me.
    • Their grammar sucks, I know that doesn't mean much but it's the first thing I look at.
    • They call their dogs Pitbulls and Pit Bulls, it's not consistent (something else that annoys me).
    • Their dogs are "bred" for home, family, and property protection.
    • They believe that you can train a dog to not chase a cat and thus the dog will not chase the cat.
    • Irish Rascle and Apricot have awful feet (might just be the picture).
    • They look like they have no awareness of dog/animal aggression based on their pics.
    • I don't see any kind of proof that the dogs deserve to be bred, definitely not even conformation shows.
    • According to them, seal is a rare color? I don't actually know if it is or isn't rare in APBTs but I've seen A LOT mixes of that color.
    • Some of their puppies for sale descriptions note their head size, fantastic.
    I guess I might spend too much time here but if I'm paying over $500 (that's just their deposit) on a pup, I want to know WHY their pups are better than others' and what made them think their dogs deserved to be bred. I can find a lot of "nice, courageous" dogs and I don't need to go to a breeder to do it. If I purchase from a breeder, I want the dog to be true to their roots. There's no other reason to buy one, IMO. They were/are bred to work, they should show that on their site, I see nothing.

damn you broke it all down lol.... ill agree with most parts you touched on. i know this kennel has been around for along time, but i wouldnt get anything from them either.. it looks like there breeding dogs to climb trees and posts over there lol. they seem to only be breeding off dogs that other people made names for. i do like the looks of their dogs. I wont lie, but i wouldnt get anything from them.

SSMIECHOWSKI

just dont let the dog out in the yard to be free with out suppervision. if you let the dog out to piss and poop be out there with him. never just let the dog out in the yard if you are not out there. it sucks but these dogs can clear5-8+ft with a single standing leap. thats not even including a running jump. keep your eyes on the dog when it in the back yard and most importantly be out there also.
    Last edited by MisterbonzElirush; 06-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Images
    lol mutts?

No seriously I have come across this kennel before while looking for a good APBT breeder for my next dog (years and years down the road). I believe they are nothing but BYB breeders and not only can they not type pit bull consistently; but their dogs aren't very consistent for being a 'pure' APBT ... erm I mean pitbull (as they call them) line.

I will tell ya, fences are for keeping things OUT not in, chainspot inside the fence and your good, no wondering dogs can get to yours and you will feel safe yours wont get out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterbonzElirush View Post
    damn you broke it all down lol.... ill agree with most parts you touched on. i know this kennel has been around for along time, but i wouldnt get anything from them either.. it looks like there breeding dogs to climb trees and posts over there lol. they seem to only be breeding off dogs that other people made names for. i do like the looks of their dogs. I wont lie, but i wouldnt get anything from them.

SSMIECHOWSKI

just dont let the dog out in the yard to be free with out suppervision. if you let the dog out to piss and poop be out there with him. never just let the dog out in the yard if you are not out there. it sucks but these dogs can clear5-8+ft with a single standing leap. thats not even including a running jump. keep your eyes on the dog when it in the back yard and most importantly be out there also.
    Of coarse. However, it would be nice to feel like he's safe when the whole family is in the yard.

Alex123, Why don't you just ask one of the experienced people on here for a reference to a good breeder? It would save you a lot of time. That's what I'm going to do next time, for sure. Hopefully you don't live in Vermont like me. This area is basically a BYB place.
    I love my dog to pieces, but I really wish I would have found this site before I starting looking for a puppy

17. Quote Originally Posted by ssmiechowski View Post
    Of coarse. However, it would be nice to feel like he's safe when the whole family is in the yard.

Alex123, Why don't you just ask one of the experienced people on here for a reference to a good breeder? It would save you a lot of time. That's what I'm going to do next time, for sure. Hopefully you don't live in Vermont like me. This area is basically a BYB place.
    I love my dog to pieces, but I really wish I would have found this site before I starting looking for a puppy

what type of fence do you have now? im thinking you may have a simple 4ft fence? if this is the case and your worried put a cable run up for him. i posted how to make one using two trees as a the posts. its under for the ones you tie there dogs out tab. in the same section as this one is in.

Oh man, you just shattered my dreams. Our puppy is 3 months now, any idea when I should start putting up a new fence? Now?
    I wouldn't leave any dog unsupervised in fenced yard without being on a proper chain or tie-out set up. High drive dogs will find a way to beat the boredom blues. There are plenty of dogs that can scale 10ft walls, hell its a part of some dog sports/working venues. To say nothing of the issue that many dogs love to dig and have no qualms about digging out...

JMO, but then I have sled dogs mutts. IMO the "husky proof" fence that most breed specific rescues want adopters to have doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

I am pretty experienced, Its just i didn't know anything about this kennel, PBC taught me everything i know, Hopefully they will do the same for you everybodys gotta start somewere!

20. If you learned everything you know about the dogs from the internet, you're not experienced. No diss on the site. It's a great site.
    Last edited by Mollie's Nana; 10-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast