Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Let's make a list.. grain free kibble NOT made by Diamond.

In light of all of the recent Diamond recalls, I'm 99% positive I will no longer feed ANYTHING made by this company.

About a month ago, I switched Wilson to 50/50 raw/kibble, because he was having issues with hunger pukes almost daily on 100% raw. Kibble solved the problem. Of course, the kibble I chose was TOTW.

Granted, he's fine, I'm not dead, so I'm thinking of just finishing this bag out. BUT, I want to switch him to something different for his kibble meals.

So does anyone have a list of foods not made by Diamond? Or maybe just.. foods that ARE made by them? Seems like the more I look into it, the more I find that are made by them!

I don't *think* Merrick is, so I'm considering Before Grain for him. Of course I could do Orijen or Acana, or NV Instinct, just trying to watch my budget. Any other suggestions? Has to be grain free, preferably a fish based formula.

2. I've always heard bad things about Merrick, but what about Fromm? I've heard good things about their brand, but I'm not sure if it's grain free. Or there is also Nutrisource
    NutriSource Dog Food and Cat Food Products | Canned & Dry

Outlaw grain free. Made local to me by a company that was started by a fellow hog hunter. Available in Texas, and parts of Oklahoma and Louisiana. I really like it.

I'm looking at Nutrisource right now. I've been compairing and looking at dog food all morning.

This is the site I'm looking at. http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...p/cat/8/page/1
    I think I'm going with Orijen 6 fish. Or I just buy him some whole fish!

Natural and Organic Pet Foods * Natura Pet Products

They're owned by P&G, but hey, it's not terrible. Lily's currently eating California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentil. It's a really good food for dogs with food allergies.

Instinct | Nature's Variety

Mia and our foster are eating Instinct Duck and Turkey because all the stores are sold out of TOTW Wetlands. It also has salmon meal in it, which is good because Louie is growing his hair back after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months ago, so he could use the oils. They seem to really love it.

Not grain free, but I feed Artemis. Got nothing to do with Diamond and is highly rated
    Sugar gets the adult: http://www.artemiscompany.com/produc...duct=adult_dog
    Mason gets the puppy: http://www.artemiscompany.com/produc...ct=breed_puppy

I've been really happy with Earthborn. 6 of my dogs are on Meadows Feast right now and getting ready to go to the Great Plains feast. And 3 are being switched to the Primitive. The Primitive has the most protein/fat and least amount of carbs. I do feed raw too and they have no issues combining this food with raw.

I order mine on Doggiefood.com. They run $45.99 for the biggest bag, but if you buy 2 of the same flavor, price drops and they've been having a lot of coupon codes for 10% off too.

http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/
    Last edited by Tiffany3483; 05-05-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3483 View Post
    I've been really happy with Earthborn. 6 of my dogs are on Meadows Feast right now and getting ready to go to the Great Plains feast. And 3 are being switched to the Primitive. The Primitive has the most protein/fat and least amount of carbs. I do feed raw too and they have no issues combining this food with raw.

I order mine on Doggiefood.com. They run $45.99 for the biggest bag, but if you buy 2 of the same flavor, price drops and they've been having a lot of coupon codes for 10% off too.

i second this. i just bought two bags of it. at our store, its basically the same price as totw. going to be feeding primitive aswell, but thats the only grain free bag they have at our store though.

Mine have been on Pinnacle for almost 3mths now. Achilles allergies were getting out of hand on Totw PS, I thought about switching to Diamond mainly because it was cheaper but didn't. Within the first month his skin cleared up, hopefully it stays that way. It's more plant based than protein but so far his system seems to like it that way.

I've heard and read good things about Natura and their products. I'm always open to other ideas as well since recalls are always an issue whether we feed raw or processed.

http://www.pinnaclepet.com/index.htm

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bubblz Calhoun View Post
    Mine have been on Pinnacle for almost 3mths now. Achilles allergies were getting out of hand on Totw PS, I thought about switching to Diamond mainly because it was cheaper but didn't. Within the first month his skin cleared up, hopefully it stays that way. It's more plant based than protein but so far his system seems to like it that way.

I've heard and read good things about Natura and their products. I'm always open to other ideas as well since recalls are always an issue whether we feed raw or processed.

http://www.pinnaclepet.com/index.htm
    Those are the people who do Avoderm right? I'm looking for a new kibble for my cats =/

Good suggestions so far guys! I'm looking into the different brands now :)

Yeah Avoderm is also one of the Central Garden and Pet products, it was between that and Pinnacle. But Avoderm is too pricey to feed 4 dogs for me.

http://www.central.com/pet-brands/dog-cat/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3483 View Post

I was just about to post what I got today, and it was earthborn. I wanted to get Orijen, but no where within a 10 mile radius had it, and he was out of food. Luckily I found this, and they had a fish formula. I can't tell what he likes and doesn't like because he woofs it all down the same!!

This is the other food I was thinking of trying. Couldn't remember the name earlier!

http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/nu...cts/gf_seafood

Got some samples and dogs like it. It is priced similar to TOTW too.

There are a lot of nice looking grain free foods, but I can't afford to pay $2 plus per lb.

My little mix breed who has food issues was eating Fromm Surf and Turf and did really well on it, but it kept going up in price. Good food though. Not bad if you only have 1 or 2 dogs. And he also liked the Fromm Beef Fritattas and now they have 2 more grain free formulas out, but haven't tried them.

I did try Innova Prime Chicken and Turkey formula and it was ok. Nothing spectacular though. On Evo- several of my dogs started eating their own poop and they had NEVER done that before and haven't done it since taking them off the food.

Never fed their grain free foods, but when I was staying with my Aunt in SC, they sold a food called Blackwoods and my dogs did very well on the catfish formula. They have revamped their food line and added some grain frees. Price although has increased a good bit from what it was when I tried it for the regular line.

http://www.blackwoodpetfood.com/fish...otato-dog-food

I really like earthborn also...I could not go all the way to evansville to get something comparable to diamond natural...really I can't find anythign that is cheap and comparable...anyhow I ended up having to go with iams the corn/wheat free formula...not the worst in the world but yea might end up swapping logan to raw after this bag is done, we have not decided yet

I feed Fromm allot and they do have grain free. And a private processing plant...

Fromm is a brand a lot of people are going back to. It was pretty popular a few years back, then faded with all the new "high quality" brands. I don't think they've been involved in any recalls and I think they make great dog food.

Don't know if you can get Petcurean Go!/Now!, Canadian made, very similar to Orijen/Acana.

Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    Natural and Organic Pet Foods €“ Natura Pet Products

They're owned by P&G, but hey, it's not terrible. Lily's currently eating California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentil. It's a really good food for dogs with food allergies.

Instinct | Nature's Variety

Mia and our foster are eating Instinct Duck and Turkey because all the stores are sold out of TOTW Wetlands. It also has salmon meal in it, which is good because Louie is growing his hair back after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months ago, so he could use the oils. They seem to really love it.
    Going to have to agree with California Natural. Grain free, single protein source and great for dogs with food allergies/sensitivities.

Grain Free CA Natural- Venison Meal is what we're feeding now (mixed with grain free Natural Balance- sweet potato and venison because it's quite a bit cheaper).
    We may mix it with the Grain Free CA Natural Kangaroo formula instead of the Natural Balance to add a little bit more variety and to cut down on the potato.

Our dogs did crappy on TOTW PS.

I feed Acana Pacifica and love it for my dogs. Acana has four different protein types of grain-free kibble you can choose from. Chassis has the most awesome coat ever, so soft, shiny and perfect after being on this food since I got her a year ago. Not dry, not oily. http://www.championpetfoods.com/acana/products.php

Images
    I switched from TOTW pacific stream to Earthborn coastal catch. My dog, Sara, has allergy issues and has much improved on the Earthborn. The price is about the same as TOTW.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast