1. Red Cell Vitamins Appropriate For Pitbulls ?

Has Anyone Ever Herd Of Red Cell ? And if it is Ok To Use With Pitbulls... :confused:

Images
    And if you don't know what it is and what effect it has on dogs, do not give it. You need to speak with your vet before you randomly start adding supplements without fully understanding what you're doing. It's a surefire way to screw up a dog.
    Last edited by kady05; 05-05-2012 at 06:15 AM.

3. Ok. how am i typing ? should i type in a different language ? :p i will consult a vet or wait for maybe some who nose about it to see if it is a safe vitamin to add with a pups diet.

of course i will not give it to him unless i am sure it is safe and healthy for Him

Thanks guys.

Images
    No one here is YOUR vet. Even if someone gives their dog something, it doesn't mean it will affect your dog the same way, or even affect your dog positively at all. Each dog is an individual and more often than not, supplementing without supervision is A.) wasting money because you're not doing anything and B.) causing more problems than good because you don't know what you're doing.

We cannot diagnose your dog via the internet, nor can we tell you to use something.

Feed a quality kibble and you won't need to supplement.

5. I would not give *any* vitamins to a puppy. Just let him grow up on his own.
    Last edited by kady05; 05-05-2012 at 06:15 AM.

6. alright.. i will throw it away immediately, i would rather be safe then sorry. i will just try walking him a lot more then i usually do to Make Him healthier. and he started the non grain food this morning so my fingers are crossed.

Thank you guys

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

*Nose* *Knows* Epic.

7. the label reads clearly, but is a bit confusing.

This formula was made to meet the rigorous demands of hunting and field dogs, racing greyhounds, and show-circuit dogs. It also provides a nutritional boost for old or debilitated dogs, and puppies

its reads for puppies, but this is pretty much outdated. people back in the day had to add this stuff to there dogs foods because kibble was made with very poor in nutrition. kibble now a days is made of very good stuff and they are competing to make better and better stuff between all the companies. you dont need to add this stuff now a days unless the puppy is sick. if your using it on top of the kibble for a pup it will only cause unnatural levels of iron and other minerals and vitamins that will lead to toxicity.

with that said if you work your dogs were they need to be in tip top condition were your pushing the dog through a regimen of a workout to what some would call a keep then dont throw it away. if you dont know what a keep(for legal purposes conformation etc) is then you are right throw it away because you will most likely cause damage and not only that your dogs a pup still and you dont need to work a pup like the intended puposes of this product is. canine red cell is not a product that is suppose to be used with no reason. like it reads and states its made
    to meet the rigorous demands of hunting and field dogs, racing greyhounds, and show-circuit dogs. these dogs are worked so hard that they need high amounts of iron and vitamins, or else they will go into anemic states. the only reason you may add this for no reason to the feed is if the dog is old, or have a nursing mother. the iron will help aide in the dogs blood flow in a old dogs body and help a nursing mom out to. if your not doing anything that will come close to the specific needs of this supplement then stay away from it because you will most likely cause harm and waste your money. i would only use this product if you were feeding raw. you can add this stuff in place of the liver 2-3 times a week. i would also only use this product if my dog is being worked past 5miles a day in a keep and let me be real specific that when i mention keep im only mentioning for conformation and weight pull, but much more conformation and nothing illegal.

if your pup is being fed good kibble dont even use it and safe it for when the dog gets older. if you dont hunt with the dog, train them to be in tip top shape for a ADBA/AADR show then you are, or have a racing a greyhound then throw it away. you have to know how and when to use this product.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    No one here is YOUR vet. Even if someone gives their dog something, it doesn't mean it will affect your dog the same way, or even affect your dog positively at all. Each dog is an individual and more often than not, supplementing without supervision is A.) wasting money because you're not doing anything and B.) causing more problems than good because you don't know what you're doing.

We cannot diagnose your dog via the internet, nor can we tell you to use something.

Feed a quality kibble and you won't need to supplement.
    I agree

:rolleyes:
    Last edited by K9 Love; 05-05-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Off Topic

9. Thank you mrbonez.. I will throw it away cause i do not work him nearly as hard as u state so, but thank u a bunch for clearing up what its purpose is intended for, thanks again..
    Last edited by K9 Love; 05-05-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Off Topic

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lokey The Blue Nose View Post
    Thank you mrbonez.. I will throw it away cause i do not work him nearly as hard as u state so, but thank u a bunch for clearing up what its purpose is intended for, thanks again..

not a problem. too many people use red cell with no intent cause to use it. kibble has an overload of vitamins and minerals already, so it is best if you use this product at most 1-2 times a week if your feeding kibble. you dont have to throw it away just use it sparingly no more than twice a week. it will not cause harm if used like this. in a keep you would use red cell every single day to offset athletic anemia. thats the difference. if you use this product as if your putting the dog in a keep and your really not it will cause harm. if you use it sparingly 1-2 times a week it will be just like like adding a 2oz liver portion in the kibble. you dont have to throw it away at all you can continue to use it, but remember your not doing anything for the dog to require it. this product is best used for raw feeders if someone is not doing any type of work for the dog. its a great supplement that could take the place of the liver servings that is required in raw diets. all this is really just to say you dont have to throw it away but be wise with it and no more than 2x a week if your not working the dog at all, but if you feel better about throwing it away throw it away. just giving you some options.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

and again to add when i say keep i specifically mean legal means and nothing illegal. i respect the laws in all 50 states and i dont want anyone to think im hinting to illegal activities. its important though to know how to use supplements with giving them to a dog. and im not speaking specifically to the op but to anyone in general that searches for info on this product.

I gave it to my horse when she was anemic. Unless there was a reason a dog needed it, I wouldn't feed it.

Excellent advice has been given. Thread closed.