Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Camano Island
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by bullysbill27 View Post
    My dog would see another dog and I would die
    No you wouldn't. DH & I were biking with Nick & Rosie. We had 2 Labs charge us. Nick slowed down (he's DA) DH asked what he should do, I said PEDAL FASTER, we just sped up. Nick had to pay attention to moving, lost interest in the other dogs, because our dogs weren't paying attention, the Labs stopped.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California, KY
    Posts
    428
    Images
    3
    no. really! The walkyDog is a big strong spring in that pipe. Boo has slammed full blast sideways and all I had to do is touch a foot down. Once you get them going, they are so focused on "GO GO GO GO GO" That you will be shocked at how well it works out.

    ---------- Post added 05-05-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-04-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

    Kit, I noticed you have a martingale... doesn't your dog pull? and where did you buy your martingale with the nice chain?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Camano Island
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by ownedbyBOO View Post


    Kit, I noticed you have a martingale... doesn't your dog pull? and where did you buy your martingale with the nice chain?

    They do pull, but not to bad. I tried using a harness and they pulled a LOT more, (especially Nick) it was scary!!!
    I got their martingales at the local feed store. That's about all they have around here. Some have the little plastic clips, but mine don't have those.

  4. #24
    see I use a harness and a prong collar, I have been trying to find my photos but totally can't find them on photobucket, I am ganna have to reorganize it one of these days...but anyhow I use his prong with his 2 foot leather lead from ella's lead (the black leather is so soft...anyhow) I put the lead around my wrist and attach it to his prong, if he starts to pull or jerk and I don't want him to I can correct him easy, and with a 65 lb dog that stands with his back to about my thy its pretty nice to be able to do that

  5. I might have to try this. Amy currently is still very nervous around bikes since getting hit by one - maybe it will help her with it? I'm just worried about her pulling, and all of the off-leash dogs in the neighborhood. But I guess if I start at night when there aren't many people or dogs out. Can't hurt, right?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by bullysbill27 View Post
    My dog would see another dog and I would die
    That's what I thought with my GSD. He has no fear and will charge into a fight without a thought. I had him running pretty fast and even with a pit bull tearing down a fence to get out, all he did was pull a little bit towards the fight. He kept going forward though and after about a second he forgot all about it so he could keep running forward.

  7. I did this with my 60 pound girl for a while until one night, And i didn't see this big $#@! hole in the road and .. Slammed right on the concrete and cut my self everywhere.. Painful lol

  8. #28
    Yup.


    Walky Dog, Brown Dog Design harness, Ruff Wear boots, Musher's Secret.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California, KY
    Posts
    428
    Images
    3
    THANK YOU for posting the pic of the wrapped brown dog harness! That is the harness I want, but was concerned about the thick fleece for the running. She does not have pics of a wrapped running harness on her site! Would you get mad if I ordered pink too??? lol

    ---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

    nd how long did it take her to ger used to the boots? What distance do you cover?

  10. Can she slip out of that harness? I had a no-pull harness and Amy figured out after about 10 minutes that she could back out of it. Gahhh.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Murder Mitten
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by bullysbill27 View Post
    My dog would see another dog and I would die

    I thought that too. But I learned to go fast enough that my dogs have no choice but to concentrate on running, or I'll run them over.

    ---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by McRose View Post
    I might have to try this. Amy currently is still very nervous around bikes since getting hit by one - maybe it will help her with it? I'm just worried about her pulling, and all of the off-leash dogs in the neighborhood. But I guess if I start at night when there aren't many people or dogs out. Can't hurt, right?
    I prefer to bike at night. It's cooler out, and there's pretty much no traffic, no people, no dogs. The neighborhood is OURS!!:D

    I just use my arm, a leash, and a 2 inch collar. I also pedal fast enough so that there's no tension on the leash.

    Except with Ethel, she likes to trot at a leisurely (SLOW) pace. So because actual running is over rated, I have to ride on the lowest (or highest? my gear shifter is all screwy) gear so my legs are endlessly pedaling while we go super slow.

  12. #32
    Cesar does fantastic on a bike i was aamzed he never tried to run ahead or pull he keeps his eye on the front bike tire and maintains my speed. rightn ow i only go around the block once or twice simpley becuase im a fat $#@! who cant go very far without feeling like im gonna p$#@! out.

    i dont use an attatchment as we dont go very fast i just use his lead and his normal collar and go. perhapesw hen i get into better shape i will get an attatchment so we can go faster/longer but it really is alot of fun!

  13. #33
    I bike with my Boomer all of the time. I have the WalkyDog. I uses an harness that works pretty well but I want to find one that is less bulky and lighter for the summer. My dog really likes to bike and it is an easy way to get some of his energy
    out.

    Amazon.com: Dean - Works Great for Large Breeds Like German Shepherd, Bull Terrier, Bullmastiff, Large Cane Corso Etc... - Black for Everyday Use - Great Product!!! - Made in Europe !!!: Pet Supplies

  14. #34
    Here's a picture of Lily in the harness:


    She still hates her boots. But as soon as she gets strapped onto the bike, she couldn't care less. As soon as she's done, though, she wants them off .

    As for distance, usually 2 miles or so. We don't bike that much currently because I'm in school/work all day every day. She's lucky if she gets walked once a week honestly. After finals are over we'll definitely be out more. Last year we did a lot more biking; we'll be doing early morning stuff this summer before it gets too hot. She has a lot of flyball to do this summer and needs to be in tip top shape.

    I wil say, with the boots, I need to tape them to her legs because, as she pulls, they twist around upside down (like in the picture). Not a huge deal, just a slight inconvenience.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    Here's a picture of Lily in the harness:


    She still hates her boots. But as soon as she gets strapped onto the bike, she couldn't care less. As soon as she's done, though, she wants them off .

    As for distance, usually 2 miles or so. We don't bike that much currently because I'm in school/work all day every day. She's lucky if she gets walked once a week honestly. After finals are over we'll definitely be out more. Last year we did a lot more biking; we'll be doing early morning stuff this summer before it gets too hot. She has a lot of flyball to do this summer and needs to be in tip top shape.

    I wil say, with the boots, I need to tape them to her legs because, as she pulls, they twist around upside down (like in the picture). Not a huge deal, just a slight inconvenience.
    That's a pretty bad $#@! picture. Also I really love that harness. I showed my husband and he just shook his head. Everything of Madison's is pink. It drives him crazy.

    Update to the bike riding-- I won't be doing it again until I get a walky dog. I took my GSD (Tank) around the block and this dumb woman let her ankle biting $#@! chi's after us thinking it would be funny. It wasn't. We were going really fast and he ignored them at first until they came out in the middle of the road. Then he stopped and pulled really hard in the other direction. Now I'm all banged up. I had the right mind to just let him go for those little $#@!s I was so angry. He would have murdered them though and I'd get blamed for it. Apparently she always lets her dogs out to chase people walking their dogs because it is amusing. Now I can't sit or lie down right. I'm pretty sure my tail bone is either bruised really bad or broken. Thank god I'm military so I can get an Xray for free. Tank has been hiding from me since last night as he knows I'm in pain and I was seeing red after I flipped. I wasn't as angry with him as I was with the idiot lady but I don't think he knows.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateMadison View Post
    That's a pretty bad $#@! picture. Also I really love that harness. I showed my husband and he just shook his head. Everything of Madison's is pink. It drives him crazy.

    Update to the bike riding-- I won't be doing it again until I get a walky dog. I took my GSD (Tank) around the block and this dumb woman let her ankle biting $#@! chi's after us thinking it would be funny. It wasn't. We were going really fast and he ignored them at first until they came out in the middle of the road. Then he stopped and pulled really hard in the other direction. Now I'm all banged up. I had the right mind to just let him go for those little $#@!s I was so angry. He would have murdered them though and I'd get blamed for it. Apparently she always lets her dogs out to chase people walking their dogs because it is amusing. Now I can't sit or lie down right. I'm pretty sure my tail bone is either bruised really bad or broken. Thank god I'm military so I can get an Xray for free. Tank has been hiding from me since last night as he knows I'm in pain and I was seeing red after I flipped. I wasn't as angry with him as I was with the idiot lady but I don't think he knows.
    Sue. Seriously. I would be SO pissed. I hope you heal quickly, crashes suck!!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California, KY
    Posts
    428
    Images
    3
    She won't think it is funny to do this after everyone starts either macing her dogs, hitting them with a cattle prod, or supersoaking them with the smelly deer urine you can buy really cheap at walmart.

    Supersoakers are soooo much fun. Tuna juice added to one and left to brew for a day or so is also delightful.

  18. #38
    I would totally take photos of them in the street, sue her, then use the superspaker with whatever vile smelling brew you can dream up, make sure to get the faces

  19. I would sue but I doubt I'd get much out of it. I'm in one of the poorer neighborhoods so I doubt she'd even have the money to pay me. I do think I'm going to get something that smells bad and spray them with it. I don't know how much of a difference it'll make though since they're outside dogs. Apparently keeping your dogs in your house is unheard of around here. Even little dogs aren't usually allowed in the house and are feared by their owners. People around here are kind of strange.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Dogs riding monkeys, and the man behind it
    By ohmidog! in forum Dog Blogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
  2. Riding a bike with your dog...
    By shermpen in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:17 PM
  4. just like riding a bike
    By worlock6905 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
  5. Bike Riding With Dogs=Abuse?
    By B-More Bulldogs in forum Dog Blogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

pitbull bike running videos

bike riding with pit bull

walkydog

Bookmarks