Question Please help with "Athletic Heart Syndrome"

I have a blue nose pitbull female (rescue) named Jada... Jada gets LOTS and LOTS of exercise, as we run her regularly in a 5 acre field, as well as swimming and dog parks, etc...

About 6 months ago, Jada started to have this intermittent cough - where she would cough anywhere from 1 to 5 times a day. It really started to raise an eyebrow with me... No specific time or conditions would make her cough (i.e. excitement, moving, etc) - the cough would happen randomly... KEnnel cough was ruled out...

Took her for x-rays to diagnose the preliminary problem - to which we found an abnormally large heart.

Upon exploring after X-Rays we took her for an UltraSound to better see inside the heart... the Dr. told me through his findings that (although not 100% convincing) Jada seems to have what is clinically referred to as "Athletic Heart Syndrome" - although she DOESN'T have a heart murmur. Also, the Dr. wasn't 100% sure that CardioMyopathy could be ruled out; however, he was leaning toward this Athletic Heart Syndrome as a diagnosis. He explained that the enlarged heart is pressing agains her breathing organs, bronchial tubes, etc, causing her to cough like this...

Im really worried. Im supposed to bring her in in 9 months for another UltraSound and go from there - depending on the size of the heart at that time...

Anyone out there in "bully" world have any experience with "Athletic Heart Syndrome?"

Images
    Sorry to hear about your pups heath! i dont know anything about "Athletic Heart syndrome" so i can't welp you with that, maybe someone hear can. but welcome to pbc and good luck!