Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by destinoscelgo View Post
    Treadmills for dogs are now illegal in NYS lol
    Damn I didn't make that connection. No treadmills or spring poles for that dog :(

I didn't see any mention of flirt poles specifically in the law, but I haven't read through it.

Images
    As a runner, she'd benefit from a treadmill as well ;)

Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    As a runner, she'd benefit from a treadmill as well ;)
    That's kind of what I was thinking...

Images
    Treadmills are NOT illegal in New York. The bill hasn't been passed yet but even if it does it's not gonna affect anyone who's not dogfighting.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BILLBKLYN View Post
    Treadmills are NOT illegal in New York. The bill hasn't been passed yet but even if it does it's not gonna affect anyone who's not dogfighting.
    Maybe not, but according to this article here NY: State Senate p$#@! bill banning dog-fight tools
    it passed, also a few others I have read.
    And to be frank, I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. The way things can go, just about anyone with multiple dogs can be a "dog-fighter" which is sad =/

Quote Originally Posted by destinoscelgo View Post
    Maybe not, but according to this article here NY: State Senate p$#@! bill banning dog-fight tools
    it passed, also a few others I have read.
    And to be frank, I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. The way things can go, just about anyone with multiple dogs can be a "dog-fighter" which is sad =/
    I just reread the article and it says it passed Senate and has moved onto $#@!embly. I think it still has to be approved by $#@!embly before becoming state law.

However, the wording of the bill says it's illegal to own or possess any of these items (treadmill, break stick, spring pole or anything else that some random person decides can be used in dog fighting). So if someone makes a complaint and an ACO just doesn't like you are your dogs, they can charge you (if this bill p$#@!) even if there is no evidence of fighting.

Images
    I just wanna see a picture... an APBT/italian greyhound mix??? wow...

8. did i miss something what is her dog problem? barking at dogs walking down the street. or is he over hyper. maybe you guys read through the lines but i didn't see know problem in all what she wrote

Images
    I read that she was thinking of rehoming the dog because she doesn't know how to exercise the dog without a yard. Thinks its unfair to keep a dog in an apartment but many folks here have dogs without yards and do just fine.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tiffseagles View Post
    I just reread the article and it says it passed Senate and has moved onto $#@!embly. I think it still has to be approved by $#@!embly before becoming state law.

However, the wording of the bill says it's illegal to own or possess any of these items (treadmill, break stick, spring pole or anything else that some random person decides can be used in dog fighting). So if someone makes a complaint and an ACO just doesn't like you are your dogs, they can charge you (if this bill p$#@!) even if there is no evidence of fighting.
    I see what you mean. I hope you are right that it didn't get passed yet. I'll have to look more into it, and I agree with you on the wording. I'd be more afraid that any time if you get a complaint in reference to your dogs they can hit you with that too. Even something stupid like your dog barking or whatever the case is. I have new neighbors coming in all the time so who knows if one of them is going to be an $#@!hole lol

Wait...why would they outlaw spring poles???? (asks the newbie).

What, are they gonna outlaw playing tug next?

So perplexed...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KateNLeo View Post
    Wait...why would they outlaw spring poles???? (asks the newbie).

What, are they gonna outlaw playing tug next?

So perplexed...
    Because spring poles are used to keep a dog fit and a fit dog is obviously a fighting dog.

13. Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    Because spring poles are used to keep a dog fit and a fit dog is obviously a fighting dog.
    This
    Basically, like Bill said this is NYS's way of fighting against the dog fighting problem. That way it is just another charge to be used against those accused of dog fighting, which is great **in theory** but it does affect others involved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12