Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. he actually looks a lot like Amy Dog in the face and color. Ears are a lot smaller though.

if he does not act different, like howling a ton and just more primitive I would rule out Carolina dogs, they are more primitive and are like the smokey mountain dogs where they howl a LOT...other than that I got nothing for ya

Maybe Aussie cattle dog/ lab?

Images
    we actually think he does have some aussie cattle dog in there.. And you´ll all be happy to know I just talked to my sis and apparently hes dropped 10 lbs since these pictures! hes 57 lbs now.. he used to weigh in at 75 a couple years ago so thats great news!

He looks absolutely nothing like a Dingo to me, nor Carolina Dog. Though it was a thought. Also taking the rarity into consideration.

I *could* see ACD with a short coated breed. Do you have any standing up side shots? Him next to something for comparison? He doesn't look that big in the one next to the feet, then again the 70lbs could just be mostly fat.

I could also see a Spitz breed mixed with a short coated breed. Some can have Chi-like heads, but they're so fluffy you can't really see it.

Here's a Finnish Spitz

6. Cattle dog!

My first thought was Heeler.

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    IF you havent a clue what he is mixed with, why would u say ' not a pit mix '? Im not saying that I see any Pit Bull in him, Just curious, of why you said that.

Where is he from?

He looks like some sort of cattle dog mix to me, too.

10. Just call him a Mutt and move on.
    And just a word of advice, you may wanna have him lose a few lbs...

Images
    I said I doubt he is a Carolina Dog or mix of one because they are extremely rare and there is very few breeders left breeding them. Is it possible that one of these few breeders sold a dog to someone that ended up being irresponsible and letting a Carolina Dog breed with something else and your sister ended up with some mix of one yes, but I really doubt it. I would go with cattle dog before Carolina Dog.

I have an Aussie cattle dog/golden retriever mix...here are some pics of her, I don't really see any resemblance between her and your sister's dog...maybe a little bit, but sometimes it's hard to tell with mixed breeds. Everyone swore she had pit bull in her when she was a pup, although I never saw it, some people still think she's part pit. I know for a fact she is aussie and retriever because she was the outcome of an accidental litter my sister's aussie cattle dog had with her golden retriever.

about 3 or 4 months old...maybe a little older.

Mid head shake

Her and my daughter share a birthday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12