1. Stitch Removal on my pups cropped ears.

Hey guys,

Ok so its been roughly 16 days since my pup got her ears cropped and they look like theyre are almost done heeling except for a small scab or to here and there, she is still wearing her cone and the vet told me to go back after 20 days for the removal of the stitches. Also a buddy of mine who used to work at a vet's office said that he know how to remove them so i wont have to go and waste my entire day at the vet since our vet doesnt do appointments. how hard is it to remove stitches or should i just let my vet do it? Please advise......................

THanks!

2. Well you wouldnt want to ruin the crop job or cause the dog unnecessary pain so I would wait for the vet.

3. If you even have to ask, well that usually means it's not a very good idea.

Odds are the vet will do more than just remove stitches when you go back. I would imagine he'd give the ears a look too and see how they are doing and correct anything needed. That crop is for life.

I took Sako's stitches out myself, had no issues whatsoever. But, I have removed stitches from numerous animals before, including fidgety horses, so I had a bit of experience beforehand.

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    Sounds a bit lazy. Just go to the vets and get it over with.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by catchrcall View Post
    Odds are the vet will do more than just remove stitches when you go back. I would imagine he'd give the ears a look too and see how they are doing and correct anything needed. That crop is for life.
    This!!!!

With cropping of ears at the time of suture removal the Vet will recheck the ears to see how they are healing and how they are standing.

If you have no experience in the subject you need to let the Vet do it. You have already invested money and time into this. Do not ruin it because of not wanting to "waste a day".