Todays agility trial

FAST was decent. Missed her send bonus, went back and got it, then ran out of time before getting enough points to Q.
    Standard was HORRIBLE. Rosie took the A-frame instead of the tunnel, then when she was supposed to take the A-frame, she took the tunnel. That got me all messed up and I sent her to the wrong obstacles, realized what I did, tried to fix it, then just put an end to the run. It was ugly.
    JWW she was perfect, just TWO seconds too slow for a Q.

There are videos, I'll post FAST and JWW when I get them loaded.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Oh, and I had Frankie measured today. She measured 22 1/4" tall at 8 months. BUT I then found out that she can't be officially measured until she's 15 months old.
    Even tho at the height she's at now, she'll be jumping 24". If she stops growing now, or grows another 8", she'll jump 24".
    Didn't make a lot of sense...but oh well. It was good practice.

So, you are saying that she will be jumping 24" regardless? She is one tall girl! The good news is: your height cl$#@! will be small :) No super long waits at the gate :)

Yup, she's a 24 incher.
    Not only is it a smaller cl$#@!, but they also get more time!! hmmm, maybe I should bump Rosie up.. LOL

You wouldn't want Rosie to jump 24". Trust me.

Sloan jumps 24" :) Sorry about the Standard run but yay for the JWW!

Rosie is happy with 20" it's a good height for her.
    We were watching some novice dogs today, and it was nice seeing how much Rosie has improved. No more running off sniffing.
    A friend said that it looks like I just point to a jump and Rosie takes it..doesn't feel that way sometimes.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Sloan jumps 24"
    Sloan is put together quite differently... and measured for 24". Nothing wrong with the jump-height itself... just not ideal to increase the jump-height past what the dog measured, especially for for some types of conformation if you want to keep the dog around for a while.

oh.. I personally would always go for as low as possible with my own guys. My first girl (AmStaff) ended her career with shoulder problems.

Oh I hear ya, I would prefer jumping Sloan at 20 in but I went for standard, maybe after we hit excellent we'll evaluate our goals, MACH or go back and do P and try for a PACH. Backup will jump 24 as well I think. I debated putting Arnold back in but I'd put him at 16", he's old and badly built, bless his heart.

I'm not up on the agility lingo and my head kinda spun reading all this, but congrats on the JWW! :)

I don't think that Sloan would be hindered by jumping 24", given the Malinois build. Vester is running preferred because of his age and me noticing some mild/moderate spondilosis in his lower back on his last geriatric check-up. I also don't have any illusions of us still making it to a PACH in his lifetime (unless we started qualifying each and every run from here on out). I am just chipping away at points in AKC and chances runs in NADAC to "pretend" that we are working on something, lol.

12. I finally got around to measuring mine. After many attempted "high fives", wiggling, circling, trying to kiss me, looks like 19.5." Not sure what that means for agility, I was trying to figure it out for the obedience jump. Congrats on the nice run. I went to a CPE trial this weekend (homework $#@!ignment - not running a dog) and saw zero bully breeds of any type. Also, I noticed there didn't seem to be many men. Should be an interesing journey!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartpitbull View Post
    I finally got around to measuring mine. After many attempted "high fives", wiggling, circling, trying to kiss me, looks like 19.5." Not sure what that means for agility, I was trying to figure it out for the obedience jump. Congrats on the nice run. I went to a CPE trial this weekend (homework $#@!ignment - not running a dog) and saw zero bully breeds of any type. Also, I noticed there didn't seem to be many men. Should be an interesing journey!

In AKC your dog would be in the 20" jump cl$#@!. I don't remember the low end, but the top end of 20" is 22" and under. Rosie JUST make it at 21 3/4".
    There are quite a few men here that run.
    Not many bully type dogs tho, I think that's why the ones that do run are pretty well known, because they stand out from all BCs and shelties that all look alike. LOL

Frankie is built a lot leaner than Rosie, so she should have no problem at 24".
    I'm HOPING to get Rosies MACH next year, but probably won't be until the following year, she'll be 9 then, so we'll see how it goes. If she starts having any issues, I'll drop her down to preferred and go from there.

14. Here in CT, there's a fair amount of APBT's running in CPE. OK, by fair amount, there were 5 at the last trial. IN CPE, I think you'd jump 16". Soleil is 17 3/8", she jumps 16 in CPE, but should jump 22" in USDAA. That's more than she can really do, so we run Performance in USDAA. She's old enough (over 6) to jump 12" in CPE, but she's comfortable at 16".

Scheme is about 19 inches, but she's all leg and very lean. Although she should jump 16" in CPE, she'll be jumping 22" in USDAA, so I'll probably jump her at 20 in CPE. If she ever settles down enough to compete. She has no problem jumping 22" (except when she jumps like a goat).

As to men, no, not too many. If I was looking for guys, I'd choose another sport.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	39596  

sexy little beast!!! Sure should be able to jump over anything without blinking an eye. Shrimpy is of similar build, but we are still dealing with stress issues.. so I have put her on the back-burner again (over running with Vester, who isn't getting younger).

Kit, I admire your goals and aspirations. I was there with Emmy once.. but she was also similar in the speed department to Rosie. We had a HARD time making time, let alone getting in under course time. Rosie will probably speed up some as she continues to improve, and, if it works (MACH in the next two years), you'll have my deepest respect. You have to accumulate 750 seconds under course time to get a MACH. The 20" cl$#@! is HARD to get points in.. Lucy and I were just talking about that the other day. If you get 20 points each trial day (which is 10 seconds under course time, provided you Q both runs, and Lucy said she rarely got more than 7 with Posie), this will take 75 clean, bobblefree, relatively fast runs.. probably need about 4.0 - 4.5 yards per second in JWW and 3.25 - 3.75 yards per second in Standard (as a guideline to shoot for).

It's what, I believe, makes the MACH one of the more difficult titles to achieve (my NADAC friends would be killing me right now). I have given up on that dream with Emmy(too slow) in the past and Vester(not as consistent) in the present. Maybe another dog someday for me. Frankie will probably have a better chance to get there in the 24" cl$#@!.

I know will be tough, but there is always hope. Right???
    Some days Rosie is super fast, other days, she's just moseying along.
    The double Qs are going to be the tougher part, I think. But we gotta get that last Q in standard to get into Ex.B first.
    A friend of mine runs a sheltie, he's got plenty of points, but only 9 double Qs, but he's a 16" dog.

We certainally won't come close to Tigger and his 34 (?) MACHs...darn little dogs! LOL

Yeah.. little dogs seem to get plenty of time to make it around the course. Fast (small) dogs like Tigger probably take home 17 - 25 points per run.

I think Rosie will do well with the double Q's as long as she makes time.

The 16 inch cl$#@! is still a bit easier on time, however, that said: Vixen ran the JWW course in 16 inches in 28.something seconds last weekend. That was the fastest time in that height. Course time was 43 seconds. Vester ran it in 30.7, but he ran in preferred 16", so he had 4 extra seconds, bringing him up to 16 PACH points (his first.. I am so proud of him, btw). Pretty much means that Vixen, at about 5.2 yards per seconds got 15 MACH points for that run. That's tough!

Our standard course, while not Q'd with an off course, would have earned us 19 PACH points at 3.77 yards per second.. also in preferred.

The 20 inchers get less time than that.

The courses in AKC are really best designed for the 16 inch dog.. and time is best for 8 - 12. 20" is a TOUGH cl$#@!. But yes, there is always hope and determination to wear that dang thing down ;)

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

oh.. and to put things into perspective with yards per second: you have to run at least 5 yards per seconds in JWW to qualify for World Team. Daisy Peel is usually somewhere around 5.2 - 5.5.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

and obviously, *I* haven't been obsessing about all of this myself... ever ;)

Rosie can definitely get a MACH. Just not entirely sure about your time-frame goal ;)