Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. rattling a soda can filled with rocks

Does that help with barking?

2. No, training your dog to be quiet helps with barking.

Well, you can train a dog to respond to any distraction or stimulus. I prefer to use voice commands ... I might not always have a can of rocks LOL

I tried it with 2 of mine. At first it worked. They were startled and then obedient. After a couple weeks they got used to it and just ignored it.

5. I tried it with Raj, and I think it had a lot to do with his noise sensitivity...

I've used it and it's worked for me.

7. What a diverse collection of responses. It's to the point where my neighbors are writing anonymous notes and putting them in my mailbox (which is illegal). I have three dogs and only Grizz is a pit. He's a year old and my baby. Any good books anyone could recommend?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tahlz View Post
    I've used it and it's worked for me.
    Lol with Serenity? Because that explains a lot

9. No one knows of any handy dandy little pocket training guide I could purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by destinoscelgo View Post
    No, not with Serenity.

11. Audio-sensitive shock collar ??
    Be careful about the sensitivity level and how other noises in the area (construction, etc) might set it off.

Images
    Bring the dog in at night, that should help. Give him something to do when he is outside or if you are home, get a cap gun and everytime he starts to bark shoot it.

it works sometimes as a start with training, but it can't be used on dogs that are outside and your inside...that is where my training of Logan and Goren is hopeless, they bark at everything and piss the neighbors off, they are used to bark collars and all it does is make them bark a little less loud lol, I wish I could get them to shut up but if I go out there to correct them or even tap on the door or holler at them they get what they want, stop for a minute or two and start back up again >.< I wish they could be inside dogs so bad

Quote Originally Posted by grizz's dad View Post
    No one knows of any handy dandy little pocket training guide I could purchase?
    I'd get an automatic shock collar, an automatic citronella collar or seriously think about taking an obedience cl$#@!.

Also, some dogs will bark at anything because they are bored. Might be worth a try to get some toys or treat dispensing puzzles to mentally stimulate him when you aren't there and tire out his mind so he will sleep more and bark less. If you aren't regularly exercising him, like daily, then you could try more exercise to tire him out. Could also combine all of the above and do more trick training, more exercise and puzzles.

the bark collars usually have to have vibration to go along with the noise to set them off. The good ones anyway. They are well worth the investment.

When is the dog barking? Why is the dog barking?

It seems a little... lazy... to get a corrective collar if the dog is stuck outside all the time and bored as hell, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by destinoscelgo View Post

Can't the poor girl post in peace? Geez..

Images
    We have a few cans with pennies around the house. They're somewhat affective. But if Jojo really wants something he'll continue to whine and howl and bark so then I go down to the laundry room and bring up his dog shampoo for him to see and smell and that sends him running in his crate! (He HATES baths)

18. Mine would think its a toy and only want to eat the can and the rocks

19. Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    When is the dog barking? Why is the dog barking?

It seems a little... lazy... to get a corrective collar if the dog is stuck outside all the time and bored as hell, or something along those lines.

Can't the poor girl post in peace? Geez..
    I think it's a valid question and goes hand in hand with how when *I* did it, now my dog is noise sensitive. I asked if it was Serenity. She said no. End of discussion lol

20. The dogs are outside in the backyard when I am at work. They sleep inside everynight however, I leave for work at 5am and that's when they are let out. He almost immediately starts barking at the dark. Sometimes he's quiet but unfortunately not often enough. He has two buddies and they play a lot so I don't think he's bored.

Most of the time in the daylight, he barks at squirrels. I gotta get him in school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast