Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I was doing a google search for any updates

No new updates yet

I haven't heard anything new. Wondering if anyone else has. I know as of the last hearing she was given 30 days to appeal. Anyone know if they decided to appeal or not?

The ruling was March 7. So I guess there will be more info soon
    Last edited by SBTlove; 04-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.

So, I googled, too. Finally read the FB page. WOW. The dog got out because a "friend from work" was getting a toothbrush and let the dog out of the bedroom since he didn't know why she was locked in there. Then she attacked a Chow, got taken by the neighbor and put into a garage while the neighbor waited for police. Got loose, attacked a GSD, the GSD owner was bitten separating them (Prada owner says it was the GSD who bit, the bite victim says it was Prada), was tethered to a tree and got loose again. Because the owner was in the car crying, the story got a bit confusing, but it sounds like Prada went after 4 dogs in a yard and the owner was told by the police to "get her dog" and then the dog was tasered. Why? I don't know and it seems the owner doesn't know, either. Maybe because the cops were afraid to break up a dog fight, maybe because the dog was wounded from the fight with the GSD and acting aggressively toward strangers. Who knows? But, reading about how the owner thinks the neighbors "hate her" and how she admits the dog has been loose before and returned to her, it sounds like maybe the neighbors were a bit sick of this dog getting out.

Anyways, I came out of reading the story as told by the owner thinking she was irresponsible with the dog. I think she loves her dog. I think she tried. I also think her trying wasn't nearly what it should have been. She did send the dog to a $1000 training camp for 30 days after some of the escapes to show she was trying, but she failed to keep the dog contained afterward. She was in a bedroom with the door closed. That allowed the "friend" (who was looking for a toothbrush) to open the door and free Prada when he went outside to his truck for that darn toothbrush. Having a gentleman friend over I think it would have been prudent for her to let him know the dog was in a room for a reason at the very least.

I might be $#@! the owner, but I do think the dog should have been crated in a locked crate or outside on a proper chain spot with a cement floored kennel surrounding it to prevent escapes.

I think they either stopped contacting the news or decided to end the fight.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MJJean View Post
    she admits the dog has been loose before and returned to her

Anyways, I came out of reading the story as told by the owner thinking she was irresponsible with the dog. I think she loves her dog. I think she tried. I also think her trying wasn't nearly what it should have been.

but she failed to keep the dog contained afterward.

Having a gentleman friend over I think it would have been prudent for her to let him know the dog was in a room for a reason at the very least.

I might be $#@! the owner, but I do think the dog should have been crated in a locked crate or outside on a proper chain spot with a cement floored kennel surrounding it to prevent escapes.
    I said this from Day 1 and was berated for being "cruel". :rolleyes:
    Last edited by _unoriginal; 04-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    I said this from Day 1 and was berated for being "cruel". :rolleyes:
    Not by me.

When the original thread was started by Vicki the FB page was said to have been taken down so I never got a chance to read it and I couldn't link to the court documents, either. When I Googled before my last post looking for news I found the FB page on the top of the search and read it. Other than looking like my kid wrote up the story, I was stunned by how bad things sounded. I mean, the story was written by the owner and supposed to be the defense??? Yeesh!

The FB story says that Prada escaped a few times before and was returned to the owner without incident. Then the owner tells the story about dealing with the neighbors while waiting for the police and how they wouldn't let her have the dog til the police got there and how she thinks the neighbors hate her. Somewhere in there was that the owner sent Prada to some kind of training camp to prove she was responsible. Reading between the lines, it sounds a lot like she had no clue how to train, control, or contain her dog and that the neighbors were fed up with it.

The owners side sounds bad enough. I wonder what the neighbors side is....

Images
    Oh no, I know it wasn't by you.. Just other people. I just think it's funny that now the tune has changed since the other thread was posted.

I'll be honest after reading the court documents and after 3 judges all ruled the same way, I knew there had to be more to the story than the media was telling. Sure enough their was. I also was unaware that she attacked several animals at the beginning and I was unaware at the time that if your dog attacks another animal in the state in can and will be deemed vicious. Was unaware about that. I figured she hadn't attacked people so I didn't understand at first. But after doing some research into it, there was no choice for the judge. And it got way out of hand and turned into a circus. But that is what you want when you get the media involved. Tug at enough peoples heart strings and you never know what can happen.

However with that being said, the court notes say it all. And I do understand the ruling. Honestly I feel bad for everyone involved in the situation, but at the end of the day it is what it is. It happened, they can't go back and erase it. I just hope this dog finds some peace soon.

Images
    Andree has said her dog was being discriminated against because it is part pit bull.

No, it's because your dog was DA and you couldn't control or contain her. I'm glad Prada can live because it wasn't her fault. But I think it's pretty awful that the judge and the "metro officials" gave in to public pressure.

OH great dog gets to go to villa hoarders

I don't get why everyone thinks she's a hoarder, her dogs are looked after and get adopted out. I do find it sad that the rest of Prada's life will be in a kennel, not getting enough walks/play/attention. I'd prefer to hear she got put down then how she'll live the rest of her life.

I'm just glad it has finally been resolved.

Pit bull Prada receives reprieve

Pit bull Prada receives reprieve
    4:56 AM, Apr. 18, 2012

The life of a dog who’s been condemned to die for more than a year has been spared by a judge — after an outcry from animal lovers and the acceptance of a last-ditch proposal to keep the dog alive.

Prada, the pit bull mix owned by Nicole Andree, will go to the Villalobos Rescue Center in New Orleans after a motion was filed by the Fifth Circuit Court in Nashville. The animal rescue center would $#@!ume ownership, according to the motion filed by attorney Jean Dyer Harrison.

In its response, Metro Government did not object to the motion to transfer ownership.

The Metro Public Health Department was informed of the amended order Monday.

Prada, the 4-year-old pit bull mix, inspired thousands of people from all over the world to sign a petition to save the dog’s life.

The Villalobos Rescue Center in New Orleans is featured in Animal Planet’s reality TV show Pit Bulls and Parolees, which puts ex-convicts and abused dogs together so both man and animal can be rehabilitated.

Prada was declared vicious and ordered to be euthanized after attacking several dogs last year.

A judge’s ruling will save Prada’s life. / Samuel M. Simpkins / File / The Tennessean

Pit bull Prada receives reprieve | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12