Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Pit Bull/ Chihuahua mix???

supposedly these are chi/bully mixes... I gotta say.. as sick as it is.. they ARE pretty cute!

Adorable, right??

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

some more...

Last edited by SamThePitbull; 03-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.

I see where this is going, the next designer breed to hit hollywood purses "min-pits"

Holy hell.

Images
    I know - THEYRE RIDICULOUS. but they ARE pretty damn adorable... at least theyre better than a regular ugly chihuahua lol

I don't see it.

(Obviously mutts but I don't see it)

i happen to like my chis lol

Images
    ok david, YOUR chis are pretty cute.. usually Chihuahuas are just too tiny and ¨breakable looking¨ for my tastes.. thats why I like the bully mixed ones.. a little sturdier.

Id never buy one cuz I dont want to support designer breeding but if I found a stray one or one in a shelter, then maybe yeah lol

Quote Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
    i happen to like my chis lol

They are precious!
    Last edited by SBTlove; 03-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Images
    Oh wonderful. An anklebiter that won't let go....does that mean you need to buy tiny little pink breaksticks?

Quote Originally Posted by ZorMac View Post
    I see where this is going, the next designer breed to hit hollywood purses "min-pits"
    I don't see it happening.

I know the purse dog type...I know quite a few people like that. It's all about appearances and status. They wouldn't be caught dead with a pit bull anything. (Even if it was purse sized)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SBTlove View Post

I know the purse dog type...I know quite a few people like that. It's all about appearances and status. They wouldn't be caught dead with a pit bull anything. (Even if it was purse sized)
    I agree!

My little black one was bred in a farm and they had barn cats, turkeys, chickens, all other sorts of farm animals. They weren't babied at all so only the strong survived back there lol

My pup's dad was a sturdy little sucker, my mini is the example of these dogs should look like. The Brown one is the example of how the show world has ruined every dog breed, he has knee problems, anal gland problems and after we fixed him he blew up like a balloon and he also has a breathing issue and starts coughing and sneezing when he gets excited which I presume is a defect in his upper respiratory system. The black one isn't typey like Peanut but she is super healthy and way more athletic in every department.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledomino View Post
    Oh wonderful. An anklebiter that won't let go....does that mean you need to buy tiny little pink breaksticks?

LOL! oh lordy tiny little break sticks! maybe you could just use chopsticks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SBTlove View Post

I don't think that type of dog would get too popular because it needs to be selectively bred to get to a toy status. I am sure you don't get a midget apbt after one generation. If you get a puppy out of the first generation it will still be inconsistent to the point that they can't market it as a breed type like most designer breeds are.

I will say that Boston Terriers are very popular and they were once used as a pit dog.

Images
    My little black one was bred in a farm and they had barn cats, turkeys, chickens, all other sorts of farm animals. They weren't babied at all so only the strong survived back there lol

My pup's dad was a sturdy little sucker, my mini is the example of these dogs should look like. The Brown one is the example of how the show world has ruined every dog breed, he has knee problems, anal gland problems and after we fixed him he blew up like a balloon and he also has a breathing issue and starts coughing and sneezing when he gets excited which I presume is a defect in his upper respiratory system. The black one isn't typey like Peanut but she is super healthy and way more athletic in every department.
    thats the problem with breeding, you could be amplifying genetic problems and not even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by SamThePitbull View Post
    thats the problem with breeding, you could be amplifying genetic problems and not even know it!
    The one that bred my brown dog only cared about looks and I got him when I didn't know anything. She was raided by the ASPCA a year later and got charged with animal cruelty because she had 50 dogs in an apartment or something. Where I got my black one, the enviroment it self would cull any defective dog in my opinion, they were Amish too in the middle of nowhere in PA so I am sure they could feed dead chis to their animals if any of them didn't make it. My black dog wouldn't make it in the show ring because she is not built like a mini guinea pig with giant eyes and small muzzle.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I don't know if it's genetic or maybe he is getting older but my brown chi is a freaking psychopath when he sees any dogs that don't belong in the house.

Back in the day he was chill, here he was with a 120 pound Presa Pup lol

Images
    My black dog wouldn't make it in the show ring because she is not built like a mini guinea pig with giant eyes and small muzzle.
    Ugh Im not a fan at all of the bug eyed guinea pig look!

Quote Originally Posted by SamThePitbull View Post
    Ugh Im not a fan at all of the bug eyed guinea pig look!
    A recent Crufts champion...

I call my Brown one exaggerated and he is nowhere as bad as the one above. This is exactly what they keep breeding them to look like. I wouldn't be surprised if all the snapping and yapping is due to neurological disorders for so much over breeding on these dogs. There is absolutely no measuring stick for these dogs, anything that's small and exaggerated makes the list to be bred.

Images
    oh lord, thats one ugly dog! I think your Mini is what a real Chihuahua should look like- normal and cute! this one just looks like an alien. And I bet you´re right about show chis probably having neurological disorders..

Just compare this structure:

To this:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast