Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

chain and lock...wtf? bit of a rant

ok,
    so I have seen tons of people with american bullies putting chains with locks around their dogs neck...

really? is it supposed to make them stronger or something? and on a PUPPY?!
    how much damage can that cause to their shoulder and elbow joints?

sorry, but I saw a video with a bully with a chain and lock on the PBC facebook page, and I've seen people walking around like that. what is the point? it looks pretty trashy

Walking around is stupid, but if Chevelle was tied out I would lock her, too. Lots of people steal pit bulls.

3. Uhh duh it looks bad $#@!! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Images
    I can see doing it to prevent theft but other than that its just silly and i feel bad for the dog! Gotta be heavy!

oh no, it wasn't locked to the chain. it was walking around carrying it on its neck

Quote Originally Posted by hotelcali2202 View Post
    oh no, it wasn't locked to the chain. it was walking around carrying it on its neck
    ....wow.

It's the bomb, fe-fi-fo-shizzle-yo !!! ... or visual ignorance IMHO

8. It's right up there with the idiots that put the prong collars inside-out so the prongs stick out. Just stupid!

Images
    It's because they're idiots.

Images
    I think it looks stupid...but then many think the same of Slayer's spiked collar..so I try to let it slide...its not MY dog or MY business.

I went through a gothic stage in high school where I wore a lock around MY neck...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerGirl View Post
    I think it looks stupid...but then many think the same of Slayer's spiked collar..so I try to let it slide...its not MY dog or MY business.
    Slayer's spiked collar won't damage her neck.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    Slayer's spiked collar won't damage her neck.
    True that, Id never do a thing to hurt her. :) If its a heavy chain+lock and it could hurt the dog, that is not right.

Images
    Even if it's not that heavy, imagine a chain rubbing back and forth on your neck, weighing down, as opposed to a collar. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraClark View Post
    I went through a gothic stage in high school where I wore a lock around MY neck...

Me too!

I'm HIGHLY amused by the idiots who put the prong collars on inside out... Friggin morons.

16. My neighbors have a few dogs in their back yards chained that way. I feel bad for them but when one of them broke part of their fence down to try to get to Madison I was damn happy they at least had them chained. They were adorable but they would have destroyed Madison had they been loose and to her credit she didn't even try to fight. She just hid behind me and shook. So what do ya'll usually do in situations like these? Try to ignore it? Talk to the neighbors?

17. You can talk to them if you think they would be listening or hearing you out.. But in some cases talking to them would just makes the situation worst..

18. I think in my area people are just extremely under educated about dogs in general. A lot of the kids come running up wanting to look at them when I walk them all asking if my shepherd is a K9 and if my husky is a wolf but none of them will come near enough to pet them even though they are extremely child friendly. They don't even understand keeping dogs in the house. I always get asked if I just keep them inside to protect my stuff. I think maybe if I manage to make it obvious I'm not trying to be condescending and if they really do love their dogs (which I bet they do they're taken care of and well fed and what not) maybe they can get a better collar that isn't going to destroy their necks... And I don't know how it is with pit bulls but with huskies if they're tied up (or at least the ones my family has always had) they should have harnesses on them because they will pull and lunge until their throats collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    It's because they're idiots.
    Pretty much sums it up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateMadison View Post
    My neighbors have a few dogs in their back yards chained that way. I feel bad for them but when one of them broke part of their fence down to try to get to Madison I was damn happy they at least had them chained. They were adorable but they would have destroyed Madison had they been loose and to her credit she didn't even try to fight. She just hid behind me and shook. So what do ya'll usually do in situations like these? Try to ignore it? Talk to the neighbors?
    Talk to them. Tell them how chains around the neck are uncomfortable and unhealthy for the dogs and recommend them a good collar like Stillwater Kennel Supply or the 2" nylon Tractor Supply collars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast